Yashia Goby and Shrimp

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rocket

Tahoma
I finally added my Yashi Goby and matching shrimp to my tank today! Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has this pair? When I put them in the water I tried to put them by the sand in their own spot but they got separated, the goby went one way and the shrimp the other. Will the shrimp survive on his own until the goby finds him? Or do I need to some how coax the goby out of the rocks to find his buddy?
I'm leaning towards letting them figure things out, but I don't want to lose the shrimp...
Thanks for any help!

They should find each in no time, when I added my pistol shrimp after having my watchman in there for a while they found each other over nite. :)

Cool thanks, I hope they do. Right now I know where the Goby is (hiding in the rocks) and I THINK I know where the shrimp is. I saw him digging some same burrows right after adding him, but I don't see him anymore. I know new critters like to hide for a while.
That shrimp can DIG! It looked like a dog digging, shooting sand out under his rear end like a conveyor belt!

I have a pair in my tank now, and they hooked up the first night. Its really funny the difference in personality of fish. I had a pair before, and that goby was the most skittish fish ever, I never saw him out of the burrow unless it was feeding time, and then it was just a dash out for food then back in. The slightest movment around the tank and he would hide for an hour, and I hardly ever saw the shrimp. When I moved I tried to see the pair but could only catch the goby, and the shrimp hid in the rocks for the move. So I have the same shrimp and a different goby and the difference is night and day. The goby is out all the time and the shrimp is right with him, constantly house cleaning, they are so much fun to watch. The other one would hide if I get anywhere near the tank, this one flares up and stands his ground if I stick my face up to the tank. (which I do quite often just for that reason). They are a great pair, I am sure you will enjoy yours.

I have a pair in my tank now, and they hooked up the first night. Its really funny the difference in personality of fish. I had a pair before, and that goby was the most skittish fish ever, I never saw him out of the burrow unless it was feeding time, and then it was just a dash out for food then back in. The slightest movment around the tank and he would hide for an hour, and I hardly ever saw the shrimp. When I moved I tried to see the pair but could only catch the goby, and the shrimp hid in the rocks for the move. So I have the same shrimp and a different goby and the difference is night and day. The goby is out all the time and the shrimp is right with him, constantly house cleaning, they are so much fun to watch. The other one would hide if I get anywhere near the tank, this one flares up and stands his ground if I stick my face up to the tank. (which I do quite often just for that reason). They are a great pair, I am sure you will enjoy yours.

What Goby and Shrimp do you have? I would assume Yashia Goby because of this thread...

And does the goby stop filtering the sand if it's paired with a Shrimp? I was thinking of pairing an orange spot with a shrimp but I still want him to filter sand...

Yeah I have the yashia goby and matching pistol. but I havent seen them all day and dont know where they went. I hope I still have them.

I've had a Yasha Haze (there are a figgin million ways to spell it, lol) for about two years now. I didn't see him for the first two weeks when he was added to the tank. He is paired up with a Randall's pistol but has also paired with a Tiger Pistol in the past. I wouldn't worry about them finding eachother as it will just be a matter of time.

Back