Yellow Clown Goby

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kcbrad

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting some yellow clown gobies and am wondering what others think about them? Behavior, care, compatibility, etc...
I currently have one oscellaris clown and one springer's damsel. They are both young and have been in my tank for two weeks.

Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Our clown goby has a calm temperament, eats any meaty foods we stick in the tank and seemed to be best buddies with our lawnmower blenny. However he wanted to perch in some of our LPS corals which irritated them and caused them to retract and recede. I have also heard they will irritate SPS so for now ours has been banished to the refugium.

I had two of them and both made meals of SPS polyps..
Very funny fish and nice to others but they LOVE SPS...

I second myteemouse's comment.

With SPS Colonies---Only One or you'll be sorry !

I have one and he nips at healthy sps tips and then they grow back --Kinda doing there own trimming !!

A Better fish I like and am thinking of getting more of is the Indigo Dottyback--They are peacefull Blue and purple never to big or too small good temperment easy to care for and can be kept in group's--- I've had one for 1-3 Years (can't really recall when I got him) But never tried a group of them.

Now having said that I also think you need to consider your Tank size and Skimmer and Bio-load to see if your tank will not get polluted by having to many fish.

Mine is a 180 Gallon with a Really nice Cone skimmer so I am set that way !

Here is a link to see the fish- it's next to the bottom of the page and the picture is taken with not the whitest background so the colors could even look better.

http://www.orafarm.com/exclusives.html

:)

Paul

Thanks for all the input! Trying to decide which fish to get is a stressful thing for me...I want to make sure I get something I really like and also something that's fun to have, since (hopefully) I will have it for many years!

try and google for a reef safe fish list. definitely good that you're doing the research beforehand and not impulse buying!

Back