Yellow Watchmen Goby and?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

YamahaF934

So I was wondering if a yellow watchman would go okay with a canary blenny. They are different species but are similar color and worried about getting them and them fighting.

Depends on the size of your tank. If you have a nano sized tank, I'd say probably would want to avoid doing so.

I have a 120 with a Lawnmower, bicolor, yellow watchman, and 2 clowns. They all have their section of the reef they stay near and don't bother each other for the most part. When I walk up to the tank everyone comes out of the rock work for feeding time, then they go back to their "territory."

I think as long as you have a 55 or larger, you should be just fine. The Canary Blenny won't be apt to cause any problems. If the Yellow Watchmen Goby decides to cause any issues, which it shouldn't, it'll quickly learn why NOT to mess with any Fang Blenny, which the Canary is. I really don't think either will even notice the other though.

i doubt you will have many issues........the canary blenny is a rock bound planktivore and the watchman is a benthic (ground-dwelling) planktivore. so other then utilizing the same food source the fact that they occupy different niches within the aquarium........you should be fine.........however...stranger things have happened.

We have a Bi-color Blenny (purple with yellow tail) and he has "paired up" so to speak with our Kole Tang which is also purple and yellow. We figure it has to have something to do with the "uniform" :)

Back