Yes, it's Swiss chesse, but...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So, here we are… rebuilt intake manifold and 125 gallons of R.O. running through the CLS. So far there are no leaks, but what do you guys (and gals) think about the pressure?

:oops:I tried to get some good pics... use your imagination!!!

Whew! I was really, really liking the way it turned out; but I was thinking that maybe I was just being prideful… LOL:D

But then I need to ask ya’ll… My measurements for the pump return are short. The return plumbing has lifted the pump up maybe a 16th of an inch off the plywood. Would I run into problems if I left the way it is?

Mouse pad

I would slip a mouse pad (ummm make that a giant rat pad from the look of your pump) under it for support and vibration dampening.

Last edited:
I would slip a mouse pad (ummm make that a giant rat pad from the look of your pump) under it for support and vibration dampening.

Can you stuff a foam pad under it?

I can't hear the pump over the splashing of the water... And the finished product will have the pump behind sheetrock. So I wasn't worried about the sound deadening aspect of things. My conceptual design in reference to the tank stand was that if I needed more sound deadening; that I could/would use fiberglass insulation. I was trying to think if having the weight/vibration of the pump being totally supported by just the plumbing would end up causing problems. As I’m typing that out, the concept sounds just stupid, like I’m just asking for problems. Then I took my mouse pad over to the pump and managed to work it under, and it sounded louder. It took a little bit a finessing, but I can slip something the thickness of a mouse pad under the pump. But if it makes things louder, and there is no reason to have something under the pump… could I get away with it?

Oh, I should mention that the pump is sitting on a ¾ inch thick hunk of plywood that I can slip out from underneath it. So, I could put ½ or ¼ inch piece under the pump with a rubber mat or whatever.

Well the pad or mouse pad was to fill the gap, not quieten it.

I have my CL Sequence 4200 hanging on 2" PVC, which leads up to the two 1 1/2" bh's that support all that, the pump is very light.

Pumps on solid surfaces will amplify the vibrations & resonate them throughout the stand or structure.

Well the pad or mouse pad was to fill the gap, not quieten it.

I have my CL Sequence 4200 hanging on 2" PVC, which leads up to the two 1 1/2" bh's that support all that, the pump is very light.

Pumps on solid surfaces will amplify the vibrations & resonate them throughout the stand or structure.

Well, if Scooty is doing it; then it must be alright!:D:D:D

Thanks for all your help.

Looking good!!! :)

Yeah, well ya know; not all of us have the privilege of walking in off the beach!;)

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14144&d=1152982623

This is mine just to give you an Idea how small the pump is compared to the plumbing but not sure it would be something I'd recommend others LOL I don't like being the cause of a flood!

Ya know the thought occurred to me that the way you have yours set up would be a way to reduce head loss.

But then again, my pump is bigger and heavier than the equivalent Sequence pump. (2" intake/output, 3500 GPH)

Ah, I’ll just come after you for damages to the floor when BH fails!:lol:

Back