yummi recipies :D

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spongebob lover

flea whisperer
Ok, i finally decided to start a thread about food because Nikki kept asking for it hehe :D.
The way i learn was, by making it myself and sometimes i would really really screw it up or it would turn out to be really good :p and yes i tried all of them even if they didn't taste right.
If you feel like sharing a recipie girls or boys please feel free to join or comment or whatever hehehe !! This Recipie i got it from Martha Steward living hehe :D

Ok, Chocolate lovers here i go !!!

Hershey's Chocolate cake

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled, or vegetable oil, plus more for pans
3/4 cup Hershey’s Cocoa, plus more for pans
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk, room temperature
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Chocolate Frosting (recipe follows)

1. Place rack in center of oven, and preheat to 350°. Lightly butter two 9-inch round cake pans. Line with parchment paper, and dust sides with cocoa; tap out excess. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup cocoa, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add 1/2 cup butter or oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Using a handheld electric mixer on medium speed or just mix everything by hand, beat for 2 minutes. Add boiling water, and beat to combine (batter will be thin). Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.

3. Bake until cake tester (tooth pick) inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Run a paring knife around edge of cakes to loosen them from pans. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.

4. Place one layer, top-side up, on a serving plate. Using an offset spatula, spread with 1 cup of Chocolate Frosting. Top with remaining layer, bottom-side up, and frost with remaining frosting.

chocolate frosting

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/3 cups Hershey’s Cocoa
6 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted, more if needed
2/3 cup milk, more if needed
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add cocoa, and beat with a handheld electric mixer to combine.

2. Alternately add confectioners’ sugar and milk, beating on medium speed until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Add vanilla, and beat to combine. Add more milk or sugar as needed to achieve desired consistency.
(if you are not a big fan of frosting :D just make half of it and it would be totally fine because i always end up with tons of frosting)

Well i hope you try it, trust me you'll like it ;)

lol...when I first started to read this thread I thought it was fish food recipies, then you said you tried them all..I was like now thats a diehard reefer...lol Good thing I kept reading

jake

that's the main point scooter dood !! :lol: hmm may be if your wife makes it for you, then you'll know how good this thing is :D

Iranian ShisKabobs.
Take 1lb chuck steak. Cube it.
Squeze the meat and juice of two lemons and add to the meat.
Pour on 1/4 cup olive oil
And add 1/4 clove of garlic. Mix well and refigerate overnight.
In the morning
Take 2 red bell pepper and 2 green bell peppers and one vidialla onion and chunk for skewering. Soak in ice water in the fridge till time to cook.
Start charcoal very very hot fire.
Drain water from veggies and coat in olive oil.
Skewer meat, red ,green ,onion, meat, red, green, onion, meat and so on.
Sear each side till just starting to blacken.
Eat.
The lemon softens the meat up like filet mignon. If you use more tender meat it will just fall apart.
The lemon and garlic make the meat awesome.
This is from my friend whos parents moved here from Iran just before she was born.
It is the best food I have ever had.

Hey Awesome Gab!!! I only asked for this, what....3 months ago?? lolol. Now, I get to go back and look at what was posted. I was so excited to see you started this, I jumped ahead to post.

I dont think Colleen is sharing the carrot cake recipe anytime soon.....hmm maybe bribe with a couple of clowns.... :lol:

j/k..

- Elmo

I thought it was a fish food recipe thread also (LOL). Good thread though Gabby! I need to let my wife see this because she is a Food network freak. Maybe she will get a little more interested in the site now and will let me get an acrylic tank soon!

lol !! Krish this is the best way to get her like the website :D and may be later she'll be saying just buy whatever you want honey lol !!
Steve, i love iranian food dood, i used to live with my best friend and she's from Iran so every day i would have Iranian food, her dad used to make Iranian bread every week so i was always drooling about it.
Sorry if it took me so long Nikki :( and yes Elmo i don't think we'll know the secret for Colleen's carrot cake anytime soon, so you better call her and tell her that you got some clowns for her :D :lol:

wrightme43 said:
Iranian ShisKabobs.
Take 1lb chuck steak. Cube it.
Squeze the meat and juice of two lemons and add to the meat.
Pour on 1/4 cup olive oil
And add 1/4 clove of garlic. Mix well and refigerate overnight.
In the morning
Take 2 red bell pepper and 2 green bell peppers and one vidialla onion and chunk for skewering. Soak in ice water in the fridge till time to cook.
Start charcoal very very hot fire.
Drain water from veggies and coat in olive oil.
Skewer meat, red ,green ,onion, meat, red, green, onion, meat and so on.
Sear each side till just starting to blacken.
Eat.
The lemon softens the meat up like filet mignon. If you use more tender meat it will just fall apart.
The lemon and garlic make the meat awesome.
This is from my friend whos parents moved here from Iran just before she was born.
It is the best food I have ever had.

There has to be a possibility that a person could suck down a few beers with those, they sound great!!! :D

ok well since no one is sharing any recipies :D i'm just gonna keep going.
well i guess i can share a good awesome drink :D (i have a feeling Charlie is gonna like this for some reason :D )

spanish coffee

1/2 oz Tia Maria® coffee liqueur
1/2 oz rum
coffee
1 1/2 oz whipped cream

what you pretty much do is.. you make your coffee (no latte ok ) once you have your coffee you just pretty much add the Tia Maria or any coffee liquieur, the rum and mix a little and put as much whipped cream you want on top, oh and a little bit of cinammon powder on top of the whipped cream or a cherry.
i really enjoy this drink once in a while when its really cold :D

spongebob lover said:
ok well since no one is sharing any recipies :D i'm just gonna keep going.
well i guess i can share a good awesome drink :D (i have a feeling Charlie is gonna like this for some reason :D )

spanish coffee

1/2 oz Tia Maria® coffee liqueur
1/2 oz rum
coffee
1 1/2 oz whipped cream

what you pretty much do is.. you make your coffee (no latte ok ) once you have your coffee you just pretty much add the Tia Maria or any coffee liquieur, the rum and mix a little and put as much whipped cream you want on top, oh and a little bit of cinammon powder on top of the whipped cream or a cherry.
i really enjoy this drink once in a while when its really cold :D

Gab,
I hate to say this, but I won't ruin good coffee!!!!!!!!!! My ex-wife used to have a recipe for hot toddy's made with Captain Morgans that was pretty tasty tho. The batter was made with vanilla ice cream, but I haven't been able to find another recipe like it. Yeah, she took that too!!! :( If anybody out there can find me this recipe, the toddys will be on me!!!!!!

ohh dood, i wish i could help you with that one, but i don't even know what are hot toddy's or what do they taste like, but if i find the recipie, i'll give it to you :).

ok i think i found it for you :D .
i believe what you can do is instead of using the whisky, you can use Captain Morgans or whatever rum you like and instead of just using vanilla pods you could try vanilla ice cream (in fact i'm gonna try it myself :D)

1.3 litres (2 pints) milk
4 tablespoons malt powder
3 tablespoons sugar
3, 4 or 6 shots whisky
2 vanilla pods, scored and the seeds scraped out

Heat up the milk and whisk in the malt, sugar to taste, whisky (captain morgans), vanilla seeds (vanilla icea cream) and pods. Whisk up, then, if you have a cappuccino frother, whiz up to make some lovely froth.

Hmmm....I thought maybe the ice cream was the substitue for the milk? Regardless, I think we'll all know when Gab tries this recipe :D lolol

spongebob lover said:
ok i think i found it for you :D .
i believe what you can do is instead of using the whisky, you can use Captain Morgans or whatever rum you like and instead of just using vanilla pods you could try vanilla ice cream (in fact i'm gonna try it myself :D)

1.3 litres (2 pints) milk
4 tablespoons malt powder
3 tablespoons sugar
3, 4 or 6 shots whisky
2 vanilla pods, scored and the seeds scraped out

Heat up the milk and whisk in the malt, sugar to taste, whisky (captain morgans), vanilla seeds (vanilla icea cream) and pods. Whisk up, then, if you have a cappuccino frother, whiz up to make some lovely froth.

Now I know why she drives the way she does.....LOL :lol:

J/k Gabster j/k j/k

- Elmo

Back