yummi recipies :D

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Now I know why she drives the way she does.....LOL

lol !! hm yeah may be i should stop drinking before going for my driving lessons :lol: good idea dood :lol: :lol:

Hmmm....I thought maybe the ice cream was the substitue for the milk? Regardless, I think we'll all know when Gab tries this recipe lolol

ohh yeah, hmm i'm gonna try it both ways :D because i was thinking that if you replace the milk with the ice cream is gonna be to sweet, but on the other hand it could be delicious, so i'm gonna try it both ways and i'll let you all know :D

O.k...I've got an all-american favorite recipe here...

Scrambled eggs

(2) Eggs
(2) Pinches of salt
(1) Pinch of black pepper
(5) Tablespoons of oil

Alright...You crack your eggs and put them in a bowl. Get a fork or whisk and mix them up real good until it looks like orange juice. Add your salt and black pepper and mix them in good. Your eggs should now look like dirty orange juice. Heat up a pan and add the oil. Once the pan is hot, pour in the eggs and let um cook, flipping them occasionally. Once the eggs are yellow and fluffy, that means they are finished. Serve with ketchup!

Alright! Now this recipe is only for RF members, not to be given out! And If you'll are good, I'll teach you next time how to make toast which goes great with scrambled eggs!(LOL) Sorry Gabby, but I don't know how to cook very many things :D

LOL!! actually that was awesome dood !!!:D
you rock dood, at least you put some pepper, mine i just add salt and that's it :lol:

Boo Nilla Shakes

i just wanted to share this recipie with you doods, if you have kids trust me they are gonna like them a lot or if you are a grown up with a child spirit like me hmmm .. then have one of this heheh :D

1 cup whole milk
2 pines vanilla ice cream
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon confectioners sugar

1- Blend millk and 1 pint of ice cream until smooth. With machine running, add remaining pint ice cream, 1 scoop at a time; blend until smooth. Pour milkshake into six 8- ounce glasses decorated with chocolate faces*, filling them 3/4 full.

2-Put cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
Beat on medium until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Transfer whipped cream to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2- ince plain round tip. Pipe spiral mounds of whipped cream on top of milkshakes.
Serve inmediately.

*For 12 faces, place 1/3 cup (2 ounces) semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on high until melted 1 to 1 1/2 minutes; stir. Using a small brush (no not the one for painting :D a baking one ), paint chocolate inside glasses (if it hardens to soon, microwave for 20 seconds more ). Let set a few minutes before adding shake. Prepare glasses up to a day ahead, but don't fill until ready to serve :D

Ok the artery clogger. I made it up.
Cook one pound of bacon and set it aside. Pour off all but 3 table spoons of grease. Cook one whole package of obrien potatos, you know the ones that are square chunks with red and green peppers. Add lots of salt and pepper. Then crumble in the bacon, and add a can of jalopeno black eyed peas. Put in 6 oz of velvetta cheese. and 3 table spoons of milk. Stir it around and put it in a casserole dish. Back in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes to get the top and bottom crispy. Remove eat. Feel your heart slowdown.

PUMPKIN AND BANANA MOUSE TART

INGREDIENTS

2 cups graham cracker crumbs (14 crackers)

1/3 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted

1/2 cup half-and-half

1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree

1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed

3/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

3 extra-large egg yolks

1 package (2 teaspoons) unflavored gelatin

1 ripe banana, finely mashed

1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest

1/2 cup cold heavy cream

2 tablespoons sugar

1 cup (1/2 pint) cold heavy cream

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Orange zest, optional

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter in a bowl and mix well. Pour into an 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom and press evenly into the sides and then the bottom. Bake for 10 minutes and then cool to room temperature.

For the filling, heat the half-and-half, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water until hot, about 5 minutes. Whisk the egg yolks in another bowl, stir some of the hot pumpkin into the egg yolks to heat them, then pour the egg/pumpkin mixture back into the double boiler and stir well. Heat the mixture over the simmering water for another 4 to 5 minutes, until it begins to thicken, stirring constantly. You don't want the eggs to scramble. Remove from the heat.

Dissolve the gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water. Add the dissolved gelatin, banana, and orange zest to the pumpkin mixture and mix well. Set aside to cool. Whip the heavy cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and continue to whisk until you have firm peaks. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture and pour it into the cooled tart shell. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.

For the decoration, whip the heavy cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and vanilla and continue to whisk until you have firm peaks. Pipe or spoon the whipped cream decoratively on the tart and sprinkle, if desired, with orange zest. Serve chilled.

This tart can be made a day or two ahead and kept refrigerated. Decorate it with whipped cream an hour or two before serving.

well since Thanks giving is just a few days away i thought i'd post some recipies, this is a really good one too if you are into pumkin :)

CHEESECAKE BROWNIES

Cream cheese may be substituted for mascarpone; the topping will be dense and tangy, instead of mellow and creamy. If using cream cheese, reduce baking time by ten minutes.

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for pan

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped

5 large eggs

2 large egg yolks

1 1/3 cups sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

1 pound mascarpone cheese

1. Heat oven to 350°. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan, and line with parchment. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt, and set aside. In the top of a barely simmering double boiler, melt together chocolate and butter. Remove from heat.

2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together 3 eggs and 1 cup sugar on high speed until thick and fluffy, about 5 minutes. On low speed, add reserved chocolate mixture and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. When combined, add flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan. Set aside.

3. In the clean bowl of the electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together mascarpone cheese, remaining eggs and yolks, remaining sugar, and remaining vanilla on medium speed, until smooth. Pour over chocolate mixture. Bake until cheese mixture is golden and set, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into about sixty 1-by-1 1/2-inch pieces.

This is another good recipie too, i used to love this one when i was pregnant :D .
it's not that sweet, but its creamy and it goes good with some coffee or hot chocolate :)

Back