zacks new tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

blueberry

hey just got my tank today.:exclaim: im realy happy but im flat out broke and still need a pump and lights and i tapped my dad so hes broke too. :(. well can anyone hook me up with a pump or lighhts thats just laying around.(free of course)wel anyway heres a couple of pics of my tank.its a 40 gallon drilled for a closed loop with bulk heads and lockline in already.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zack

Tank looks great Zack! Too bad you don't live in my neck of the woods! I'm sure I could get you sorted out with lights and pumps. My buddy owns the LFS here and I'm sure between the 2 or us we could work something out for you...Well, the main thing is you've got the tank, so it gives you time to research and make sure you make the right decision on equipment...Best of luck Zack! I'll be following along lending a helping hand whenever and wherever I can:)

alright guys , I would like to run some power compacts on zacks tank. never using them alone before will some one tell me which brand or brands to lean towards or stay away from. come on krish I know your just dying to jump in.....lol

I will ask my boss and find out what he likes. I know he is going to say you should use t5's. I'll just smack him around a bit. Hopefully he'll give me a straight answer.

As for PCs, my favorites are "Custom Sea Life", though they were bought out, you can probably get some good deals on them on ebay, or find the new company that took them over.

-Josh-:cool:

alright guys , I would like to run some power compacts on zacks tank. never using them alone before will some one tell me which brand or brands to lean towards or stay away from. come on krish I know your just dying to jump in.....lol

You rang?(LOL) I have pc's. I use coral life aqualights on mine. I've had the retro fit before as well. Never had a problem with any:)

I have the coorallife halide pc combo on my tank and havent had any trouble either. have you ever used the current orbits or satelites?

I have the coorallife halide pc combo on my tank and havent had any trouble either. have you ever used the current orbits or satelites?

No but I know of a few people who have and love them as well. The fixtures seem really nice too. The halide combo you have is the one I've been looking at I think. Does it have 2 halide bulbs as well as 2 blue actinics? If so, that may be my next light:)

one thing i like is all of the plugs are seperate. it makes hooking up the timers realy simple. mine is the 150 watt halide which came with 2 10k bulbs and 2 96 watt pc actinics. I updated them to 20 ks which i like the look of a little better. my wife liked the 10 ks with the more white appearence. they were a true white also no yellowing which was good. Ive now had them for over a year and havent had any problems with them. since i had purchased them i now see the newer models have flip up legs so you can flip the whole light canopy without removing them from the top of the tank to do work in it.

i did...it sticks out fromthe wall a bit so we put it in the corner.

Looking good Zack! Are you liking the bb? What's next on the agenda? You guys did a great job getting everything up and running...Best of luck with what's to come:)
Oh yeah, Steve...your son looks like you. No need to worry man:D

Back