ZEO Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tank looks great Crazy........it looks like you have a very light fish population? Which may be part of why you can get away without using a skimmer. Do you feed it at all? Most of your SPS look fairly new and the coral population fairly light by the growth. My concern with not using a skimmer is that at some point the waste from the coral themselves as they grow may reach a point that could over load the biological capability of the live rock and sponges alone.

Last edited:
well actually the bio load is quite heavy, there is about 150 astrias, 300 nassius, 250 ceriths, 200 medium blue leg, 60 scarlets, 8 flame scallops, 6 mussels, 1 clam, 1 mandarin, pair of gold bars, 1 large yellow tang, 1 midas blenny, 1 kohole, 1 green clown goby, 4 sexy shrimp, 50 peppermint shrimps, 2 cleaner shrimps. I add live stock as I find them... but I add huge amounts of inverts when I do a group buy and hold them for several days or weeks, as for the corals most of the soft corals have been in the tank for several years, under 8 pc bulbs, about a year ago I upgraded to 6 t5 bulbs and placed a few frags of sps in the tank, they didnt color up as desired, I have recently uped the lighting, (about 8 months old) to 6 t5 and 2 250 14k DE with No shields, at this point I started to add more sps and removed most of the zoos and mushrooms, I dont argue with your point of saturation, I would have thought I would have crashed this along time ago... but its stable, the pod population is out of control, I do feed the tank every other day, about 4 frozen cubes of brine. I tried to drip kalk a few months ago and it precipitated, since then I dont add any supplements, I do water changes of 20% every month or two, using tap water, yes I have an ro unit... just dont use it for this tank.

Back