Zero Frag tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dr. Dee

Free your mind
I just set up a new frag tank not to long ago,so here it is.
reef003.jpg

reef002.jpg

Hello,
I often see the Zero Edge tanks at the trade shows and I always wonder about a couple of things. Like how much evaporation do you get a day? With all that surface area exposed and living in a dry climate I would think it would be incredible. Also cleaning the algae off the sides. Do you turn the pump off? I know that small fish will swim over the edge at night. They look very cool but how practical are they in your opinion? What are you using for flow? Don't they usually have a center overflow with the return there too?

Regards,
Kevin

aeh your frag tank look like a display tank...:)
Thank you,but yeah it,s a frag tank.;)

Looks awesome but I'm not seeing any frags in there?
The acro's are my frags now and also some Blasto's.:cool:
Hello,
I often see the Zero Edge tanks at the trade shows and I always wonder about a couple of things. Like how much evaporation do you get a day? With all that surface area exposed and living in a dry climate I would think it would be incredible. Also cleaning the algae off the sides. Do you turn the pump off? I know that small fish will swim over the edge at night. They look very cool but how practical are they in your opinion? What are you using for flow? Don't they usually have a center overflow with the return there too?

Regards,
Kevin
Hello Kevin,Thank you and as for the evaporation I am
shock because i do not get much at all.I can go a week and a half before adding about 3gs of water,not bad at all for that type of tank and I think it's because there is no fan's running on the tank.Now as for the fish jumpers;)
And the flow is great I have a Dart pump for return and
and the overflow is built on the back side of the tank. To me this is a very good tank and the best part is a friend
gave the thing to me.:shock:

Dee your frag tank is hot!!!
Talk about frags whom ever gets frags from you will be happy :) 3 to 4 inch frags :D now thats what you call a super frag tank!!!

Thank you,but yeah it,s a frag tank.;)

The acro's are my frags now and also some Blasto's.:cool:

Hello Kevin,Thank you and as for the evaporation I am
shock because i do not get much at all.I can go a week and a half before adding about 3gs of water,not bad at all for that type of tank and I think it's because there is no fan's running on the tank.Now as for the fish jumpers;)
And the flow is great I have a Dart pump for return and
and the overflow is built on the back side of the tank. To me this is a very good tank and the best part is a friend
gave the thing to me.:shock:
i have a zero edge tank too, i was thinking of figuring a way out to give myself nice flow! As far as evaporation i seem to have no problems what so ever with my main tank as there is no top! I also have a fish jumper as ppl will say but he's been with me for a year and has never tried to jump out!!! They way i look at it ppl have there way of making things work so if it works more power to you :)

Dee your frag tank is hot!!!
Talk about frags whom ever gets frags from you will be happy :) 3 to 4 inch frags :D now thats what you call a super frag tank!!!

No kidding, I would be happy with that as a display tank!:)

me too,dr. dee's frag tank is way better than my tank:)best frag tank i have seen...:)

your frag tank is way better than my display and every aquarium in my house combined lol. Awesome tank. Even your frags looks better than my tank.

Amazingly gorgeous as usual. Doc, guess no snails in this type. How much time per week cleaning the sides?

Hey thanks everybody,I'll post some more pictures later and time a look at those frags.:cool:

Top looking down is amazing. Can you take one looking from the side. I am curious about the water flow down the side and does it impact what you see? Is it distracting because of the light refraction from the water flow.

thanks...

Last edited:
Back