Zoa ID on a few plus Macro Shots from artguy1

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

artguy1

Shot a few macros of the Zoas in my Nano yesterday. Wanted to ask a few questions about a few of them to all you awesome reefers out there.

I would like to take the time to say that I have had the pleasure to buy and be given some great Zoas and palys from members of this forum, namely...HereFishyFishy, salmonslayer, saltybell, WA coral, Matts125, kenargo...CY/Chris too. Big Ups to all of you & Big Thanks too!

A frag from the "mother " Colony here
GPE_2

AlienEye_2

This one shows one of the Zoas splitting...not that great of a shot but it has 2 mouths and elongated central disc area...saltybell Mike hooked me up!
ZoaSplit_1

Zoas_3

------------------------------------------------------------------
ID help with PIX 1/2 would be appreciated please.

These are all under Coralife Compact Flourescents currently. Perhaps a halide for Christmas? Hmmm, have to wait & see I guess.

So anyhow, thanks to everyone and I have had fun meeting all of you. I'll be passing critters on as they grow more to keep the good will rolling.

So here goes a shot on my guess for what I think Picture 1 is. I think that it looks more like a lighter color strain of a Red People Eater. Maybe it could color up if you had different lighting. Are they high up in your tank? Picture 2 looks like some sort of a Paly to me, but I'm not very knowledgable yet about Zoanthids, but certainly working on it. Good luck!! Great Pictures by the way.

So can anybody else take a stab at what the 1st & 2nd Zoas/Palys are?

Thanks Madisons Mommy for your input

# 5 looks like the smaller ones are "depths of hell", and the other looks like a Golden sun burst", 10 & 11 - the yellow/orange ones I would say are "whammin' watermelons"

You got it. Just a heads up. I took a big hit on my ZOAs. I lost about half my stock. I picked up a pest (do to my own stupidity) and thats why I been shut down on the ZOAs.
Good news is me's back in biz. Man what a costly mistake that was.

You got it. Just a heads up. I took a big hit on my ZOAs. I lost about half my stock. I picked up a pest (do to my own stupidity) and thats why I been shut down on the ZOAs.
Good news is me's back in biz. Man what a costly mistake that was.

Wow, sorry to hear that T. Say, do you want a frag of a few zoas I have for some new starts? I can frag a few from the number 1 & 2 for you man! They I believe are some kind of PE's. Also I can frag some of the last picture for you too.

Lemme know...anyway, I just wanted to come out w/ saltybell & see how you are doin'. I can bring a ZOA care package if you want.

Back