Zoa ID...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

FreakinReefin

Insert idiot comment
I have looked everywhere for the name of this zoa and to no avail. Anyone have any ideas? Sorry for the bad picture. I have a Canon G10 but I don't really know how to use it. It's a little disturbed and not open all the way, but it is purple on the inside and looks like it was splashed with pink paint right in the middle. The outer tentacles(searching for the word and that came to mind) are a lighter purple and have almost fluorescent green tips.

Attachments

• Unknown zoa1.jpg
    Unknown zoa1.jpg
    56.5 KB
Last edited:
Kinda looks like a similar morph to purple death or black crystal death palys except for the pink splash in the center.

Yea, I really don't know. Everytime somebody has a hard time with a zoa/paly ID, I just assume it could be an unnamed morph.

I keep searching and searching and there is nothing like it. I would just assume name it and put it on zoaid.com, claiming my piece of coral name fame.

How about a clear focused picture like the one in your avatar? I really hate to guess on such a poor image, but if I had to I would suggest you look at Gink and Polds on ZoaID. FYI, if you're interested in submitting a picture for naming, you have to have a crisp, clear picture with the polyps fully open. Posting a shot like that when asking for an ID also helps a lot.

I'd love to be able to provide a clearer shot; however, I need to learn how to use my camera. That G10 is a great camera but has no user friendly guide to it. Anyone know how to get a good close up with this camera?

Back