Zoas problems

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

extremecoral

Ok, so I just bought couple zoa frags...dipped them in Revive first, carefully put them in the shaded area, today I checked them they're not open, yesterday first time in my tnak they open a little.... Is there anything I can do, I heard of iodine dip not sure if it helps, I don't have iodine bottle but have the Revive. I used Revive many times and it works really well. Could it be stress? , please input your thought on how to deal w/ this.

Last edited:
I'd give them a couple more days to acclimate before dipping them again...could be they're still stressed from the first dip and travel :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I agree with Nana I would give them a couple of days and see how it goes. I have had zoas shipped to me from the east coast and it takes them several days to adjust and get acclimated. I have had them take 4-5 days for them to fully open. So just wait and see.

I agree with Nana I would give them a couple of days and see how it goes. I have had zoas shipped to me from the east coast and it takes them several days to adjust and get acclimated. I have had them take 4-5 days for them to fully open. So just wait and see.

Ak where do you put it ? shaded area w/ flow? how muc hflow

I had a problem with my zoa's not opening and I got some Brightwell's Amino Omega and they all opened right up. I have them all over my rocks, top, bottom, bright light , low light, doesn't really seem to matter. Vitamin C I hear seems to help, so I use that too. The Amino Omega is what did the trick for me, I just mix it with the food. Good luck.

Back