~~01/20/07 PSAS Meeting on diving in the PNW~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Rocky Heap: Nice pics. Love the teardrop in the wild! I too have dived all around the world but since my stroke, diving is a "no-no". :( So I think going to this particular meeting might be too depressing...At least I have my memories. Heck, I dove the Red Sea when it was still Israel.

David: Some of my best memories are of diving with my Dad. That is a very cool experience. My Dad is an old-school diver that shuns equipment etc. and the stories he and I have are quite fascinating. I have seen him eat stuff live, chum to sharks and box them, and all sorts of fun stuff. We have dived wrecks too. One of the places I really wanted to dive but didn't before my stroke was the Marshall Islands. So as part of my recovery from the stroke, I built my reef based on MI. Virtually all the fish and some of the inverts are from there, as well as all the rock in the tank. My ACIII Pro mimics the MI sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, and seasonal temperature changes. I know that is a rediculous distraction but it does have a certain "cool" factor to it. :D

I hope everyone has a great time at this event!

I am really going to do my best to attend this meeting since I've wanted to get certified even before I had an aquarium. I doubt I'll get into underwater photography as I don't think I would ever be able to match the quality in photos that I get above water. It's a little hard to turn off the oceans pumps so things stay still, lol.

yes,wait until you down about 40fts and see all those corals,,and say ,,,i wish i have the camera with me,,,,sorry Rick:D did't mean to say that:D

To become a member of the PSAS, the easiest method is to come to the next meeting. Annual dues for personal are 25$ per year/family are 40$ per year, no matter what point in the year you join. As a PSAS member, you will be able to participate in all of the club meetings and activities. Also as a club member, you receive the club discounts at the stores that sponsor the PSAS

Best to come to the next meeting and let somebody know you'd like to sign up. May want to get ahold of Colleen and get an evite though.

Some LFS are also selling memberships...

you can join at:

Barrier Reef
Reef Mystic
Indoor Reef
Shark Reef (in a couple days)

What is the diner mentioned? I know nothing about the area. I went to Chuck E Cheese ONCE when the kids were invited to a birthday party when they were 3 and 4 and i told them it would be the last time and it was. :) In trade I offered them the Reptile Man for parties for the boy's birthday and The Birthday Fairy for parties for the girl. :)

Hey guys. Still working out the details of potential certification deals. As mentioned, the divers fair is a great time to sign up for an excellent deal. However, I feel as though it is better going into divers fair already certified so that you can take advantage of the excellent equipment deals. You are not going to buy all of your equipment the same day you sign up, and you'll be kicking yourself for missing out on the deals and having to wait around for another year. That is my thoughts at least. Anyways, I'm anticipating a very informal seminar, hopefully more Q & A a number of UW pics. You are also welcome to put on all of the gear minus the exposure suit to see what is like to where the gear. The down side is that my gear may be a little damp since I'm teaching a class that morning and it may not dry out by the time we have the meeting. I will see about getting dry equipment from the shop. Underwater Sports is where I teach, but I encourage people to go wherever they feel comfortable.

best

aaron

I guess we will meet up at Lil John's as I dont know of anywhere else and Chuck E. Cheese is OUT!

Meeting is at 6pm; so we can meet up about 430pm at Lil John's.

Colleen

Agreed - very nice meeting.

Aaron -- sent you a PM, I'd like to see if maybe I could get a copy of those slideshow's you presented. My brother is coming out to Seattle soon and I'd like to give him a little encouragement to go on a dive trip with me :D :D :D

Thanks again for the good pics, great talk, and funny stories.

Awesome job Aaron!

Thanks for coming out and lugging all that equipment!

Great meeting.

Best,
Ilham

Hey Aaron,

It was great meeting you! I completly forgot to grab a flyer from ya. I'm interested in getting certified, although not for a few months yet. I dont think I could get myself to go with these temps out, like you said....I'm probably a thermal weenie too!

Hey guys.. Aaron passed on a good sites for pix and ID of Puget Sound critters. Also included is some dive site info. just thought I'd also pass it on to you all in case you find it interesting. I did

http://www.seaotter.com/

My favorite is the grunt scutel after we saw it in person at the aquarium- very cool. Dall's Dendronotid is also awesome - i've seen those guys in person underwater- so delecate looking and beautiful.

Back