10 mins, a flashlight, a net and a bucket!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Well, I made up my mind I wanted a coral bandit shrimp again and I knew just where to get them. So I waited till dark, ran to my cousins boat and caught these little fellows in 10 minutes. I'd say there were about 20 of them on about 10 boards that go underwater from the dock. My cousin, and two of my friends wanted some also, so I just grabbed 4. If you look good in the bucket you could see a few clear shrimps (not sure which ones) but they love to clean your hands!:D

I figured I share the pictures with you so here they are...

BTW...I only kept one coral bandit shrimp and 2 of the clear fellows. My friend wants me to get him behind the gates tomorrow night by my cousins boat so he can get about 15-20 of them to try and breed them(LOL) Not sure if it is a good idea because when I had two they always fought, but...

Check out Krish with his very own free LFS in his back yard....:lol:

According to your local laws, what can or can't you harvest like that?

MikeS

I am the law!!!!(LOL) They don't care what we do here. Once we don't bleach reefs, catch crawfish under 6 inches and baby conchs your good to go. I wouldn't say pull up a reef or break off a piece of coral, but they don't mind about things like this. I could stock up your tanks in a day(LOL)

Here's his new home in my tank with 3 perculas and 1 yellow tang...

Last edited:
krish75 said:
You could...Just get your plane ticket and I'll handle the rest:)
Krish--you are turning me a little green with envy!!! Your doing what I wish my two boys could spend about two weeks doing. Unfortunately the plane ticket is the problem.

Anne

Sigh - Dude, you're killing me. You've become a topic of discussion at my house. We talk about how much my hobby has cost and how some (explicit - used in a nice way) in the bahamas just posts about how he walked waste deep into the ocean to get his first tank inhabitant - beautiful RARE juvenille angel (explicit). Now I have more ammo! he he I think I may have to move...

LOL Guys! I'm not trying to rub it in. Just showing you'll what you guys could have if you visited me. Just think about it this way...I have to pay extra shipping plus customs duty up to 75% in some cases for equipment, so I think I should get the fish free:D

But on a serious note...If any of you have plans to come this way, pm me and I'll make sure you guys have a great time here:)

krish75 said:
LOL Guys! I'm not trying to rub it in. Just showing you'll what you guys could have if you visited me. Just think about it this way...I have to pay extra shipping plus customs duty up to 75% in some cases for equipment, so I think I should get the fish free:D

But on a serious note...If any of you have plans to come this way, pm me and I'll make sure you guys have a great time here:)
Krish--we'll come visit you......are you offering the plane tickets??? :)

i think that would be kewl, i think that me and her would be watching food network and baking what not :D while you and my husband take care of Antonio :D

Krish--we'll come visit you......are you offering the plane tickets???

Don't tempt me...I'm always looking for a way to spend money(LOL)

LOL Gabby. One of our TV's stays on Food network all the time...My wife is a freak!

See my new wrasse from earlier the same day. I caught him in a puddle and he loves to follow around my YT!

krish75 said:
Don't tempt me...I'm always looking for a way to spend money(LOL)

LOL Gabby. One of our TV's stays on Food network all the time...My wife is a freak!

See my new wrasse from earlier the same day. I caught him in a puddle and he loves to follow around my YT!

Krish---I will tempt you all I can--knowing that you would get the joy of seeing two boys discover beach and ocean for the first time in their lives. The song "I Can Only Imagine" comes to mind on this one. No pressure though.

Anne

Back