120 to 180 tank swap.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Clockwork

SPS Junkie
I will fill in more details later but here is the end result.

180-april-18th-11.jpg

You lucky Goose!!!!:p I love the layout! I thought I liked the 3 towers, but I think I like this layout better. Maybe it's because it is in a bigger tank...Anyways, all your tanks always look great man! Congrats!:)

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Here are the details.

Lighting :

4x 250de Reef optix pendants and a center pfo mini 250de pendant all running 14k phx bulbs. I also will be running 2 160w vho super actinic bulbs . I have a 36" rk2 moonlight setup that only lights up the front edge and front bb area( this is only for viewing pleaser when needed . I run a blue bulb on the aqua controller for real moonlight simulation.

Next up is filtration. I use a phosban reactor , ASm g-3 skimmer with ozone and ER 8-2skimmer.

Flow is provide by mag 12 return pump , 2x6200 streams , 3x6100 streams ,1 single controller and a 7095 multi controller.
Amount of liverock?

I run an Aquacontoller to control alot of the tanks automation and a seperate milwaukee controller for the calcium reactor which is a large LFS built dual chamber which chews up the co2 but keeps my tank stable as the 1502 korraline couldn't ..

Now on with the pictures. First we will start under the hood. :D

Whole shot of the sump area (NOTE the lil stand is for a frag tank that is on its way soon.
180-equip-6.jpg

Ozone and switch panel
180-equip-7.jpg

Controller for calcium reactor and wire bundle
180-equip-5.jpg

Calcium reactor
180-equip-3.jpg

Skimmers
180-equip-2.jpg

Last edited:
inside view

180-equip-4.jpg

Auto top off and return pump
180-equip-1.jpg

Wave produced by a 6200 tunze stream

180-equip-9.jpg

Top water movement @ 50%
180-equip-8.jpg

okay now for a few pictures of the stand + canopy all diy right down to doors and trim .

Stand upside down
180-stand-a.jpg

Front
180-stand-f.jpg

Parts
180-stand-skins-trim.jpg

Side
180-stand-g.jpg

stand doors
180-stand-i.jpg

Doors on
180-stand-j.jpg

Canopy

180-stand-k.jpg

180-canopy-1.jpg

Stand and canopy

180-stand-l.jpg

Backs and insides clear coated for protection
180-stand-m.jpg

Side see the white line .........I was off that day luckily trim covers and I didn't have to spend another 50 bucks.
180-stand-o.jpg

Frag tank stand

180-standp.jpg

Products used
products-used.jpg

Tank stand and canopy with canopy doors on .

180-tak-4.jpg

180-tak-5.jpg

180-tank-1.jpg

180-tank-2.jpg

Tank
180-tank-6.jpg

Last edited:
Now the tank pics.........Better ones to come.

pink-mill-close-up.jpg

new-white-polyp-peach-acro.jpg

New tyree purple monster
New-purple-monster-Tyree-li.jpg

prop-blue-mille.jpg

Side view
180-april-18th-5.jpg

One of the valley shots
180-april-18th-10.jpg

some new paly's
180-april-18th-9.jpg

180-april-18th-8.jpg

Blasto
180-april-18th-1.jpg

OMG! The side shot pic is incredible! Great job on this project. The tank looks unbelievable. You did awesome on the aquascaping.

wow, great shots. Love the valley pics.

I have a similar tank with the same lights/pendants. I am curious what you think about the bulbs? I am looking to replace my bulbs and specifically am curious what you think of the growth, colors etc.

Mat

Thanks everyone it is comments like these that make it worth while goin gthru all that trouble.....

bc slc- I love the phx 14k and have been using them for a year+ now . I great awesome colors and great growth .......

NaH20- Thank you ! I wantted an illusion of a real reef from the bottom to top view for that side since there is a couch on that side and the view from bottom up is great . Looks like it was grown there IMO:)

Back