120 to 180 tank swap.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I like several of the details you've included in this.

The 4 ways of access into your hood.
Dual skimmers, one with Ozone.

Lots of corals in a large tank, but still not "too crowded" Youve left plenty of room for things to grow in.

Overall, a very nice set up.

Who made your tank?

Nick

Thanks for the compliments !

After dealing with 2 doors only on my 120 and trying to reach the back corners for lost frags ect which was impossible without getting neck deep in water it was the only way to go . It has already helped tons :D

My tank builder was Mike Reber @ Acrylic Creations Chandler Arizona...He is also the one on ebay going by acrylictnk.

I saw the pic of you behind the tank reaching in....
But will you be able to do this once the tank is ste up? Wont plumbing etc prevent you from moving around back there?

If not, hats off to you, cause you planned it out great!

Nick

Maxx I have already been back there ;) All thats behind the tank is my tunze drivers ,transformers and ballasts still enough room to get back there but only cause I am a small guy 5'9" 170lbs :D

Here are some updated pictures

180-may-6th-a.jpg

180-may-6th-b.jpg

180-may-6th-c.jpg

180-may-6th-h.jpg

180-may-6th-e.jpg

180-may-6th-f.jpg

My lil PM frag growing already
180-may-6th-g.jpg

180-may-6th-d.jpg

large-acan.jpg

180-april-25th-06-1.jpg

LOOOOOOKKKKK ATTTTT THOOOOOSE TTTTTUNZES!!!!!!!!! Now that's what I'm talking about!:D Looks great man! You are my inspiration! I need more Tunzes:p

Ok...Now that I've calmed down a bit...How much GPH is in there now???:D Tank looks amazing as usual! Thanks for sharing:)

Very Nice!

Great layout and great settings & placement on your corals Clockwork!
Could you post a list of all your fish did I see some Wrasse's?
I love your Powder blue.:D

Thank Krish75! Flow wise its 22,691 gph when @100% = 141x turnover @ a 160g in the display after diplacement.

The Apprentice- Thank you ! I have a few more corals to move around yet. Thanks for the compliment as I was trying to place them in areas which enhanced the grown in look while provide contrast between colors. I really can't wait until my milles grow out I have 3 really nice ones that need to grow out before I can even get a decent picture.

Fish are as follows .

5 lubbucks wrasses
2 bicolor anthias
2 pajama cardinals
1 Rubyhead wrasse
1 Solarensis(clownface)wrasse
Powder blue tang
and Blue spot unicorn tang

In the future I will be adding 12 more lubbucks as they are small stay small get into my colonies and are very aggressive when it comes to eating invades such as AEFW's ,Nudis and of course the love pods.

Thank Krish75! Flow wise its 22,691 gph when @100% = 141x turnover @ a 160g in the display after diplacement.

WOW!!! That's insane!(LOL) Thanks for sharing man...Ever thought about a Tunze wave box?:D

Wrasse's = Getting along

Thanks for sharing the Info Clockwork I have always liked and found alot of the wrasse's species quite pretty to look at.
However from my past learning experiances I have had to be very carefull of the wrasses I Introduce to each other. Its good to see that you have been able to get the 5 lubbucks wrasses,1 Rubyhead wrasse & the 1 Solarensis(clownface)wrasse to all get along and not fight I wish you luck on adding the Lubbucks I find them quite interesting. And quite pretty!
So far I have been lucky in Keeping a Ornate,Leopards & a six line all in a 75 gallon tank with no problems. :)

Clockwork said:
The Apprentice- Thank you ! I have a few more corals to move around yet. Thanks for the compliment as I was trying to place them in areas which enhanced the grown in look while provide contrast between colors. I really can't wait until my milles grow out I have 3 really nice ones that need to grow out before I can even get a decent picture.

Fish are as follows .

5 lubbucks wrasses
2 bicolor anthias
2 pajama cardinals
1 Rubyhead wrasse
1 Solarensis(clownface)wrasse
Powder blue tang
and Blue spot unicorn tang

In the future I will be adding 12 more lubbucks as they are small stay small get into my colonies and are very aggressive when it comes to eating invades such as AEFW's ,Nudis and of course the love pods.

krish75 said:
WOW!!! That's insane!(LOL) Thanks for sharing man...Ever thought about a Tunze wave box?:D

It is insane. As a matter of fact the 6200's may go by the way side and I may get the wavebox or 2 more 6100's instead . The 6200's can produce a 1 inch wave easily with out a wave box but @ 6ft they almost have a 30 in circle diameter flow pattern so the really do kick out some serious flow . Enough flow that the polyps on corals go the oppiste dirrection of the flow :lol:

The Apprentice said:
Thanks for sharing the Info Clockwork I have always liked and found alot of the wrasse's species quite pretty to look at.
However from my past learning experiances I have had to be very carefull of the wrasses I Introduce to each other. Its good to see that you have been able to get the 5 lubbucks wrasses,1 Rubyhead wrasse & the 1 Solarensis(clownface)wrasse to all get along and not fight I wish you luck on adding the Lubbucks I find them quite interesting. And quite pretty!
So far I have been lucky in Keeping a Ornate,Leopards & a six line all in a 75 gallon tank with no problems. :)

No problem .....The reuby head and Solarensis do chase each other once in a while and will lock lips........The lubbucks are funny 1 always ends up in the overflow time to time and I have only 3 females one went south and turned male . However they do aright and have plenty of area to stay apart.

Here is one of my females and the picture was from my 120g.
120-1-05-g.jpg

And one of the males in this old picture. I love the males they are really vibrant .
120-dec-2005a.jpg

Charlie thanks!

Sizes are as follows 2x6200's 3x 6100's and a small 6060. Controlled by the 7095 and one single controller.Tunzes provide total tank flow :D

Awesome, simply awesome.

Clockwork, what programme you running your streams on ? I need to play around with mine a bit. I'm running 2 x 6000's and 2 6100's on a 7095 M/controller.

1 always ends up in the overflow time to time

Man I wish I had a dollar for every time I have screen , blocked netted I think its the pods they know they are there and they love to go on these massace runs then they realise who hey Iam in a bad place my leopards will start a bad stress at that point.. I just get the net out put them back in the tank and they are happy topo be home !
That is real cool of the female & Male shots of the lubbucks I have never seen the diffrence before they are quite pretty
Here is a shot of my oldest Female she is alone in my 150 tank she wont let any new girls in the pool!

Back