125 progression thread

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My blue jaw sleeping under a rock
dec112010010.jpg

well after having my male blue jaw for a couple of yrs i have to say good by to him. Rip my dwarf blue jaw,I will miss you
fun606.jpg

:( :Cry: :frusty:
Have you ever felt like not getting any more fish, because of this... I have lost my baby naso tang at the be gaining of the month in Feb now my blue jaw whats going to go next month..

Last edited:
Crystal,

I feel and experienced your pain over the Xmas holidays. I lost 12 of the 18 fish I had in my 375g tank. A majority of them I had for 2+ years. I was very close to leaving the hobby for good, but I remember the advice I got from my parents about never making an important decision when your emotions have the best of you. So after a day or so to cool off, I decide that I will rebuild my livestock again.

Here is the list of fish I lost:

Blueface angel (6")
Majestic angel (4")
Regal angel (3")
Emperor angel (9"-showsize--the fish that caused all of this maddness)
Green mandarin
Yellow pyramid butterfly
carpetner fairy wrasse
Pair of occelaris clownfish large size
Orange diamond goby
Pair of flame angels

Time will heal old wounds, but it does hurt in the process.

Kirk

yes it's hard
Crystal,

I feel and experienced your pain over the Xmas holidays. I lost 12 of the 18 fish I had in my 375g tank. A majority of them I had for 2+ years. I was very close to leaving the hobby for good, but I remember the advice I got from my parents about never making an important decision when your emotions have the best of you. So after a day or so to cool off, I decide that I will rebuild my livestock again.

Here is the list of fish I lost:

Blueface angel (6")
Majestic angel (4")
Regal angel (3")
Emperor angel (9"-showsize--the fish that caused all of this maddness)
Green mandarin
Yellow pyramid butterfly
carpetner fairy wrasse
Pair of occelaris clownfish large size
Orange diamond goby
Pair of flame angels

Time will heal old wounds, but it does hurt in the process.

Kirk

Last edited:
Thanks Kirk..
I needed that alot. In the last couple of months I have felt like taking down my tank, but Adam told me no that i can't just quit... I have put to much in to what i have. you know , you and him are right. I can't just quit... it's funny how a few fish just take your heart. kind of like a dog. I know there just fish but they are my fish.

He will be missed. He loved swimming up and own the glass and showing his barbs for food. nibbling goodies out of my fingers and generally being very cool fish :( :(

Crystal,

Any idea what caused the death?

Not sure at all. water was great everything has been doing good in the tanks lately. Just a couple weeks ago. he just started staying in his sleep spot not coming out to much.. My little girl seen him out one day swimming with his face down. then he went back to normal swimming. he came out to eat a couple of times. and then last night I looked at adam and said pick him up and give him to me so i could put him in my tank. thinking that maybe one of the other tank mates might be picking on him... Never did see them do it... adam just picked him up out of the water with his hands. right then and there i knew he wasn't going to make it... I put him in my tank and he just float to the bottom of the tank and locked him self in between the wall and a rock. when i woke up i went to check on him and couldn't find him so. about an hour i found a flash light and went looking for him.. he didn't move far. but was unlocked. and had passed away

Any other fish affected??

i believe on Feb 3 i lost my baby naso that i had for 6 months. but i really dont think it had to do with the blue jaw passing. the baby was in my 50 gal. blue jaw was in the 125. I was feeding but no other fish was affected to day or last month.. so i really dont know...
and i should say the water is great...

Last edited:
Not sure at all. water was great everything has been doing good in the tanks lately. Just a couple weeks ago. he just started staying in his sleep spot not coming out to much.. My little girl seen him out one day swimming with his face down. then he went back to normal swimming. he came out to eat a couple of times. and then last night I looked at adam and said pick him up and give him to me so i could put him in my tank. thinking that maybe one of the other tank mates might be picking on him... Never did see them do it... adam just picked him up out of the water with his hands. right then and there i knew he wasn't going to make it... I put him in my tank and he just float to the bottom of the tank and locked him self in between the wall and a rock. when i woke up i went to check on him and couldn't find him so. about an hour i found a flash light and went looking for him.. he didn't move far. but was unlocked. and had passed away

I actually just had the same experience with my male blue jaw a week ago today. He had been hiding in his sleeping spot for a couple days and wouldn't eat then poof he died overnight just like yours. So far no other bad things for my tank either. So I feel your pain and am sorry about you guys losing your fish.

Maybe you taste yummy to fish? Think of it is this way, now you have a tank of man eat fish to assist in all things Evil. muwahaha

well here is an update... Not a good one at all.
in the last three day Myteemouse and i have been redoing the tank. all fish and corals are being held in a rubber maid tub while we do this.. it's not going well at all. here is a list of fish we have lost in two day
one female flame wrasses
one fairy wrasse
copper banned butterfly fish
one male leopard wrasses
my big naso Tang.
three of the fish got stuck to pumps.
one was eaten my the trigger.
and one i am not sure about.
I lost three of them to day alone..
this really sucks... :( and it doesn't get any easier,

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the troubles Crystal. Did all this happen in the rubber maid or are these loses the reason for redoing the tank?

Back