14gal BioCube startup advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey guys, I just got a 14gal BioCube and was hoping somebody could give me some advice on what type of coral/anenome might go well in that small of a aquarium. Not to mention some fish as well. Right now all I have is 11lbs of live rock/sand and the cleaner crew and coming up on my first h2o change this weekend. thanks!

yes, all the a levels are where they need to be: Ammonia-0 , nitrite-0 , nitrate 5-10ppm , ph-8.2-8.4, salinity-1.025

I haven't added anything besides the cleaner crew because I'm not sure what to put in the tank and I don't want to unnecessarily screw up the cyclee

a small jawfish of some sort..
catalina goby and some small blennie
Corals?? zooanthids are always nice as as are some slow growing encrusting montis..

I wouldn't go with a catalina goby. They're a cold water species and unless you can keep the tank in the mid 60's to low 70's don't do it. You could go with an ocellaris clownfish and some sort of small goby or blenny. Maybe a green banded goby or a 2 spot blenny. Both of those stay very small. Also, don't forget porcelain crabs, pom pom crabs and sexy shrimp. Any of those are great for nano tanks.

As far as coral, stay with softies. Xenia, GSP, shrooms, rics, and zoas would all work well. You could try a lobo or other deepwater lps, just make sure they don't have long feeding tentacles.

If it was me I would wait a few days and try to get the nitrates down <5 or so before i added anything, just my 2 cents.

Back