150's

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

lets talk 150's now son,

what am i gonna do with a 150gal tank
72x18x27

)27 is bettter then 36)

lighting Aqua Medic Ocean Light T5/MH HQI Combo Series, 72in 3 x 250MH + 4 x 39W T5 – Black
or cheapie,
72 inch 6x96 Watt Current USA PowerCompact Orbit Fixture

i dont want to have to much heat, the 3 Mhs will put more heat then the other nova. What do you guys think?

rock, will be 175lbs of fiji,
figer, 4 or 5 bags of ls? thats not gonna be deep right?

what else.
a cs150 overflow.
for the pumps when its time, we can talk about that cause i dont know wether i would want a internal or external like pool pump

but anyway, i guess we will have lots of time in future.

were gonna have to get in to DIY sump design. movement, and heating

and at the end we can talk about what the hell im gonna put in it

so happy! :)

also can you paint the trim? its wood colored i want it to be black

Last edited:
LOL! How many tank are you going to get Jon!:lol: Did you give up on the 36 tall one and stopped bidding on it? :)

ya figerd that the 36 deep was gonn abe a pain to run

mainly cause of the fact that 3 feet is a lot, i would have to put my sholder in the tank to get to the bottem

this tank is only like 20 miles down the road.

im waiting for my 3 friends to get here, so we can all get in the truck and go get it.

im not sure if i want to put it downstairs or upstairers yet.

im not gonna be seting this up for a least a few years.

but at least this way, i know (looking at a empty tank) ill be motavated to fishish school and get a good paying job, so i can have a nice 150 setup

I agree with James anout the trim...I've had a friend that didn it and just sanded it slightly before painitng it. And about a few years to setup the new tank...You will have plenty of time to get all the stuff you will need, but don't wait too long as technology may change on you:p

true, but i said i woundnt do it till i moved out, so it will have 2 wait, but wait like 45 min and ill get some pictures for ya guys

Back