1guydudes tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thxs man. Im thinkin I might lose the tort or stag and the echinata acro is lookin better.

I left.my thermometers in my sumps. Cpl days ago I put em In the dts. The 120 was around 76 and the one.above was around 83... :(
For awhile I'm thinking.... my new linkia has been acclimating to the temp and salt changes. Some.coral showed great color and polyp extension after I fixed the temp :)

I.could.talk.tanks.for.dayz :)
Happy tankin
D

K lost my big eye and chromis :( thinking ill go with a predator tank or fowlr...

Going to oregon for a coral run soon. Gonna b a blast.

Bm is gonna b BA this yr ppl. Pps r working the hard and behind the scenes. Check psas.org for updated bm info.

I'm getting a chiller! My coldwater days of my own r beggining soon. I've been volunteering at poulsbo marine science center. They have plenty of cw their. Also GPO!!! Come see!

Anywho plz recommend or suggest fish for my 120g 4x2x2
2 wrasses and a naked clowb currently.
Thxs
D

nice. so what tank are you turning into a cold water tank. yah im pretty stoked for the portland trip also. alittle over a week away. woooo hooooo.

I have a 55g acrylic with round front edges I got from a co worker. Just need a spot for it...a pump and some pond foam.
D

Welcome to the cold side of reefing! :smow: What kind of chiller? How thick is the acrylic? Haha many questions for you my friend:)

Pacific imports 1/2hp with a Poseidon ps3 pump I think it is. Tank is 1/4" acrylic... gonna run a hob filter and that's prob it lol.
D

It's all you need. I'd also think about running some chemipure in that filter also just to help out in the beginning at least.
1/4" acrylic should be good enough to avoid condensation on all but the hottest days. And that half horse should do great but I'd see if the digital temp controller on the unit goes as low as 55. Most only go to 65. But ranco temp controllers could be the fix.

Ya came with a seperate controller to run a heater and chiller on nem...
Idk how low either go. If I need a ronco, I need one lol.

I'm excited.to have a new build. Even if its a small throw together build lol.
Should I drill holes and bulkheads and plumb the chiller there? Also someone said to keep the chiller outside or in my garage...
???

Thxs for the chiller mfinn! My baby girl kinda slowed everything I got goin on but babys come 1st! Lol

Btw I went to aquarium paradise today and the local petco.
I got two large chromis and a small thing of salt.

Saw two.corals.I wanted from ap out of the nano coral tank but decided I didnt NEED em. Someone talk me.into going.back cuz all night I kept telling myself "should I go back" , "I don't need em", "I already prob have em or something similar"...

I must b curving or.kicking this addiction.

Also still.don't know wat to do.with my empty.looking 120g
I.couldn't.find a fuzzy dwarf.lion today and eels need a tight fitting lid
One thing after another lol.
Have a good one pps
D

Ya came with a seperate controller to run a heater and chiller on nem...
Idk how low either go. If I need a ronco, I need one lol.

I'm excited.to have a new build. Even if its a small throw together build lol.
Should I drill holes and bulkheads and plumb the chiller there? Also someone said to keep the chiller outside or in my garage...
???

Thxs for the chiller mfinn! My baby girl kinda slowed everything I got goin on but babys come 1st! Lol

Your welcome.

If there is even a small chance you can drill it and setup a sump, it would make things so much easier.
The temp would be hidden in the sump.
I have no idea how low the temp settings go on the Pacific Coast chiller.
But as NemCrazy said the Ranco controller should handle that.

As far as putting the chiller outside, ( where I had it when it was hooked up to my 240 ) it makes it so much nicer not having to listen to it run and you don't have to deal with any heat issues.

The exhaust from that, will heat your house. Good in the winter bad in the summer lol. But the noise is a bit much sometimes, but I'm used to mine. if you could park the sump in the garage it will bypass those problems. And it will be able to house the equipment. Like a skimmer, and a filter. But I don't use a protein skimmers in any of my tanks. So go figure.

Tested my reef tank with elos this morning.

Kh 10.5
Cal 450
Mag 1600

I've just been geusstamating when dosing for the last bit.
Also I'm mixin some sw! Wootwoot. Back to my roots with oceanic. IT WAS CHEAP.
I'm lacking in pix here.
D

Edit. I took my diy pellet reactor off a tank and put the pellets in another...well...
HA and brown diatom on the glass. O boy. I'm gonna get some of the new two lil fishys pellets. They r a bit bigger and should work for this type of reator.

Last edited:
20131026_084439_zpsebfa4621.jpg

Back