1guydudes tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i found the a lobster molt the other day so the lobsters prob still alive and in the tank but prob a bit BIGGER...
also my ghetto/jimmyed hood is going bye bye ! :) very excited...
have a great weekend pps and enjoy the weather!

Are you actually taking it back to the street corner you found it on??? :D

Just kidding Devin. Congrats on the upgrade and keep us posted of the changes with more pics.

no im gonna burn it lol !

ya i gotta figure the whole pic thing out. My new dell dosent like to eat the chip from the camera so i need a usb cable or something me thinks...

Well its no pix but its something. Also if u turn it up enough u can get some music that u may or may not like lol.Update 4/25/12 Enjoyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNtjTHxvRSk

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good man! Looks like you've moved some things around or gotten rid of some stuff. Oh, and nice jams. :)

The peninsula is looking good. You've got that thing loaded with frags now! It's going to grow in looking really good. I saw the orange digi, looks like it's doing better. I have to watch it again when I have more time.

ya i moved that piece to the shaded area... it was upfront on a top rock right next to the nem. Seems to be doing well.
Thxs!

Alrighty some info on my set ups. 75g w/hydor k4 x2stark 60w led fixtureevolution 120w fixture50B sump w/ecotech 1582 return pumpswc 150BMK skimmer20g long w/par38s 20k x3hydor nano x210g sump w/hydor slim skim (all that would fit)pond master 500gph returnIve recently bought a 40B and am going to use a 36bow for my sump... hehe :)down the road though i think. Currently the idea is a lagoon tank with center overflow. Ill be using a swc 120 cone skimmer and maybe upgrade the lighting with one more par38 and a larger return pump.Im open to ideas people such as livestock and corals and anything really lol.thxs!-d

So, your plan is a third tank, not transferring corals from your smaller to the 40B? If that's the case, I would probably do something more species specific. I keep dumping money into one tank, but there are two other tanks I would love to set up if I had the time and wife's permission.

One would be a non-photosynthetic tank with sponges, gorgonians, sun-corals. I LOVE those tanks. But, they require a lot of filtration to fight the fact that they require a LOT of food. Filter feeders. Go figure.

The other idea I would love to pursue would be a species specific tank with a frog-fish and lots of ornamental algeas and mangroves. Or A pipe-fish tank with similar plants and maybe some softies. Those would be more accessible, easier to keep ( I'm only assuming ), and cheaper to set up (again...assuming). I would have to do more research, maybe these tanks are more demanding than I would think, but you wouldn't be as concerned about excess algae growth, the ugliness is part of the fun. You just want to make sure the fish have healthy living conditions.

There's my two cents. When do we start?

Man my comp at home dosent like Rfs for some reason. My previous post was supposed to be a list not a paragraph.

@halmus: Ya i think im going to have to swap everything over from the 20L. The gf wont allow anymore. ;) However yesterday i went to the reptile expo and saw a couple things that caught my eye.... :)

posion dart frogs
river turtles
hehe

I like the idea with the pipefish/frogfish algea tank... i think the filter tank would be a lot of upkeep or hassle almost.

great lookin setups mang...
my only criticism is the return plumbing in the 75g...
first off, very dangerous, even if you have check valves on those return lines,
still not fully safe... if i had a dollar for every time i heard "my check valve failed"... :(
i would cap those 2 bulkheads and run your returns to the top of the tank,
and that would have the extra benifit of getting that very unsightly plumbing
out of yout tank. i personally couldnt even look at that on a daily basis without feeling rage...lulz

Thxs skimmy...if u got to post #25 it shows the most recent video with some music if u turn it up loud enough lol.

Mojo already pointed out most of my mistakes and eye soars such as the ghetto stand and the jimmy'd plumbing.

LOL he told me the same thing though. "cap em and run it to the top".
Thxs skimmy!
-d

i think its about video update time!~ Id love to get some pics up but no real camera here or connector for the comp.

picupdate001.jpg
picupdate006.jpg
picupdate005.jpg
picupdate007.jpg
picupdate002.jpg

You have great colors in that tank :)

I must admit I love the mixed reefs. The SPS tanks are stunning but there is something more natural and soothing about the mixed reef.

Back