1guydudes tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

20130519_200906_zps95d04485.jpg

Everyone's always showing off their big giant sw mixing machines.
Here's mine. Complete with water, barrel, jugs, and power!!!!

@pep shweet thxs for the link :)
-d

Last edited:
yes valve, flow constrictor or similar just for a lil bit. the pellets will slow down and gain weight with time and when u gradually add more.

Dully noted about the rodi.
Last yr I thought I fouled my ro membrane. Guess it just froze up.
This coming winter ill probably put the unit through the kitchen window and make water inside.

The pellets just look fast. Like I said... I need some video feed.
D

added more bio pellets! Last night.
dosed the OBD tank 1/2 the rec. dose for alk. or 2nd part of seachem...1 and 2 part.

came back from moses lake sand dunes and my voice is shot!~
also my gf didnt top off :(
i need to invest in top offs really badly.

mixing sw for wc!!!! w00t sry no pics of the tds meter reading 1ppm after sitting for 5days or a shot down the refract. for ya peppie.
i used the leftovers of my oceanic and used prob 50%-70% of the salt mix aquavitro salinity, this could b good or terriable.
-D

Man photobucket is a pile of poo now.
lol
anyways u can turn it up for some of my commentary as usual...
mostly critters and algae than coral in this vid. Also my voice is shot and this is an ipod.
comments, tips, some critisizm is welcome.
-d

Last edited:
Thxs to eric, mike, psas, jacob, everyone who's inspired me...chad, natalia...
This hobby had come a ways for me. Not giving up now.

I've got.some new vid as long as it works.
Featuring lynard skynard simple man!
Lol

Added 40astrea and 10 torchus snails to each tank.

W/c was succesful. Last one wasnt :(
Water was hot though and tested 1.029

Added rodi to individual buckets to help.
Also I changed 20-25g each.

I like aquavitro. Didnt like it at 1st when.mixing it but it was super clear next day compared to old salt.
Tanks even looked clearer. Dont know if its the salt or the fact I did a wc lol.
D

Great video D. I'm trying to get work done, and keep getting distracted because I have your oceans running on the other monitor. :) What are your plans for the tanks in the future? Have they talked you into a new filtration system to compliment the awesome tank they built for you at OBD? I know I fought with GHA at times in my tank. Stubborn stuff and I still don't know exactly how to control it in the future. There are the typical answers, (controlling feeding, heavy filtration, frequent water changes) but what works for some people is a failure for others. Some people rarely change water, but they're usually using ozone which has it's own dangers if not used properly.

I've had experienced people tell me that I was running my tank on too low of nutrients because my SPS weren't as vivid as they could be. Then again, if I ever let a drop of nitrates/nitrites/phosphates remain in the tank, my tank would turn into a golf course. I sometimes wonder if it isn't somehow due to "old" rock? I've read about it in Coral magazine before. I think my next tank might be started with fake rock from some place like Bulk Reef Supply. You miss out on the built in filtration until the rock can really cycle for a long time, but then you're guaranteed to not have phosphates leached into the rock from years in a home aquarium.

I'm going to suggest to the next BOD another meeting on mixing your own food. How to wash it, mix it, where, and what to buy. I didn't make it to the last meeting like that we had a couple years ago.

The hobby is still a mystery to me, after years of what I'd call success. Keep up the good work!

Nice! Your tank is taking shape and looking great! The RBTA is looking pretty awesome in his spot:)

K i survived the local reefing bbq
gf made it home from kenny cheesy...

turn up the latest video imagary for some music.
hope everyone had a good weekend!
d

@halmus
??? IDK wat to do lol
i feed rather low from wat i used too about a yr or so ago.
If not longer.
at the moment i cant justify a $600 skimmer nor much else, they r supposed to b my hook up on a return pump!

I agree its hard to tell if the coral needs the nutrients r not or how much that plays in the coloring as much as the light?!?!
im not sure about rock leeking unless it was soaking, if that makes sense lol...
awsome meet idear! Id luv to b able to make some fresh seafood dinner with rodi and feed the tanks!

@nem
thxs again man, its a fatty nem ... next yr its on like donkey kong...lady and the baby can drive muhahahaha home from the bbq!~ muhahaha

Nice video d
Tanks are looking great.
We all have our small battles in our tanks. Keep with it. It will work out in the long run.

Back