1guydudes tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

More times than not... Its all about what is under the hood!!

You have come a long way dude! Keep it up.

Thxs folks! Heres some more!
20130510_160408_zps80290a13.jpg

Fs

Looking good D! Is the tank any wider than the last one or did you just get the rock placement a little further from the glass? I really like what OBD did on the end for the water return lines. I sleep easier at night knowing your 4' PVC lines above the tank aren't being held in place by a paperclip anymore.

You posted some pics while I was writing the responce. I really like the rock work. Well done.

Sry these r from my cell u fools muhaha!
@halmus thxxs man much obliged. Ya the tank is a bit wider. Enough to notice and fill in the stand/hood nicely. Deff needed some plumbing tips too! Return is super clean with the loc line 90s.
:) -d

So my budget Is a bit tight lately. However I did manage to finally change out those stainless screws in my aqueon return pump.
2nd trip to mclendons I just took the pump with lol. Nylon screws r only .30c
Ud think aquarium product manufactures would put that lil $ into their product but nooooo.
Also I got some cuc for $13!!! Ya petco shopper here. 5 turbos and 5 sand snaails.

Lately I've just been trying to keep the tanks clean. Rinsed some sponges in rodi and gonna get the turkey baster out here in the near future for w/c time.

I think also I'd like to post up here everytime or day I actually do do a w/c.
Lol it'll help me keep track and u guys and gals can ride me about it!
-d

I keep my turkey baster right next to the tank-use it almost every day :)
I for one love it when I'm given permission to get in someone else's chit about keeping their tanks clean!! Thanks!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Your new tank looks 100 times better in your stand/canopy it fits perfectly! I say you really need some SAND though ;)

Sand is dirty!!!! Lol
I do have sand in my other tank. Its just easier to take the powerhead off the clamp/holder and blow the bottom of the tank. If I had sand, I don't think my tank would b as "clean" with my maintence habbits.

Plus I'm doing mini maxis and zoo/ palys on the bottom glass.

I need to do a video update! Grrrr I need time

So I was gonna start a thread about adding a pellet reactor to an already set up sw tank.
Now I think ill just throw it here.

I got a diy bio pellet reactor (bpr) from a hobbyists. Another hobbyist built it and I'm saving too.
Gotta luv it. I set it up and its running.

Wat r bio pellets?
They r polymer plastic that "bio" degrades as bacteria grows.
Wat do they do?
Lower nitrates and phosphates
How?
With proper flow u will get them tumbling and turning. Making an aerobic area for the beneficial bacteria to populate the pellets and ur tank.
Caution!
When adding a bpr to ur tank. U must take it slow. GOLDEN RULE To sw
By adding a full dosage of pellets right away, will cause a cycle and could lead to a crash.
Meaning airplane with wings on fire!
Sooo add lil bits over ten to twenty day periods.
Note*
It helps to soak pellets in rodi. Making them less floaty. I did mine for 6hrs or so.

Now that the reactor is running and I have a small amount of pellets running. I need to skim.
The bio pellets r allowing a process in my tank that will break down nitrates and phosphates. However leave me with by product. Protreins! Meaning a decent protein skimmer will b needed on the system or the output of the reactor needs to b directed to skimmer in water.

Back