2 new badass hang on skimmers...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lol, for a 34g i'd throw an octo 100f on there. Will work just fine and is relatively inexpensive.

yeah, i think im likin the WM H1, & H2 for smaller systems better than the octos, simply because the sedra pumps and better design.

octo bh100f performes to be sure, but if i can get the same power with no tinkering, and a better pump, hell, i'll take it.

luke, i know the H2 is @ 400lph air injection, have you heard what exactly the H1 is pulling for air? with my own experiences with the sedra 2500, i know it will do 300 lph with a good venturi, but just wondering if you've heard...

So has the final cnc hob skimmer changed since the last pictures? Is that what it's going to look like as production model?

SW, i'd take the WH over the 100f like you said, but for a 34g either will work just fine, just depends on if you want to spend 150 or 230. And i don't know a ton about them to be honest. The sedra's are better pump's but honestly i don't care of the octo pumps or sedra's : )

Reefernot, the final design is the one with the 3x5" neck diameter. This one.

cnchot37-1-08.jpg

CNChot7-1-08.jpg

If your talking about the cnc hot, zero. The octo's let a few get back to the tank, no clue on the WM's.

i did hear that the WM hobs did let some micro's back into the tank, but i heard that when they were just jns, not WM, i dont know if the design is modified from that or not. that was a few years ago.
but i do like the sedras waaay better than the resun pumps on the octo hob's...

octopus is suppose to be releasing a version of their hob's with the regular haliea pumps,
so that might be interesting if the price is still cheap.
have you heard about when that is suppose to hit the street, luke?

Last edited:
I know if you go to CV's website you see the two new octo's they have coming out. Both are terrible design's waiting for a disaster to happen. With the pump underneath the skimmer body external two possible things will happen. We all know how fragile the venturi nipple is on the octo's so if that breaks you'll flood. If you electricity goes out and you have your venturi tube hooked up incorrectly you'll start a syphon and flood your floor as well. If they would have made the pump s internal they would have been much better.

Update

It's about 4 maybe 5 days worth. You get about 4 cups but I didn't want to wait that long.

Man talk about stinky water this stuff almost made me throw up my lunch for real had to spray the whole house with oust.

I didn't do the finger thing because this was more disgusting then the last one.

DSC02613.jpg

Scratch and sniff anyone.
DSC02614.jpg

Drinks on me enjoy
DSC02616.jpg

DSC02615.jpg

that is quite impressive for 4-5 days....just awesome!
i actually think that skimmer might overskim my 15g:) which is why i've been thinking about getting the WM h1 or h2 instead, they seem to be a better fit for a smaller sps tank.

These look like great skimmers. I have tried to contact cnc but they have vanished. Any ideas?? Any one want to sell me thiers???

Mike

Blue Sierra in Issaquah has 2 in stock for $399. ouch! i was hoping they'd drop the price, since there's no company to support/fix, it in case it breaks.

they also have one on their display tank. the bubbles and foam that skimmer creates is incredible.

We just picked up one of them at Blue Sierra to replace our other skimmer and let me tell you the C&C skims like crazy I am VERY happy with it. Blue Sierra does indeed have one of these units on a tank and if anyone is looking for a good HOB Skimmer they should check it out.

yep, too bad cnc marine isnt around anymore...:cry:
now you have to buy a coralvue octopus knock-off of this skimmerto get that pump in a hob.
which basically is the reason they went out of business,
they couldnt compete with coralvue ripping off their designs and selling them cheaper :cry:

Back