2 new badass hang on skimmers...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

is there a version of this that will fit in a jbj nano 28gl?
as i mentioned, octopus does offer a similar skimmer now.
sadly, it's the most powerful hob out there, with the cnc marine version gone.
although, i dont think it's as good as the cnc version, it is the best power for your buck, at a price tag of $240

http://www.aquacave.com/octopus-hb-...immer-with-sicce-brpump-by-coralvue-2346.html

im hoping that SWC will make this design of hob with a sicce pump, they offer it already with a otp pump:
http://www.aquacave.com/octopus-hb-...immer-with-sicce-brpump-by-coralvue-2346.html

Well I broke down and bought the last one at Blue Sierra. No more left except the one they have on the tank. LOL I am going to hook it up this weekend and see how it compares to the Deltec MC600 I bought a few weeks ago.

Mike

Well I broke down and bought the last one at Blue Sierra. No more left except the one they have on the tank. LOL I am going to hook it up this weekend and see how it compares to the Deltec MC600 I bought a few weeks ago.

Mike

it's going to grab the deltec by the throat and choke the ever loving life out of it, then it's going to kick the deltec in the harble repeatedly until it relents...:razz:

we'll see your deltec for sale here shortly:idea:

as i mentioned, octopus does offer a similar skimmer now.
sadly, it's the most powerful hob out there, with the cnc marine version gone.
although, i dont think it's as good as the cnc version, it is the best power for your buck, at a price tag of $240

im hoping that SWC will make this design of hob with a sicce pump, they offer it already with a otp pump:

CV stole the design from SWC except they put a sicce in the body. Only problem is the sicce pulls WAAAY to much air for a 2" neck. The dummies :lol: So if you buy it your going to get alot of overflows.

wow, they didnt even bother with a 3" they seriously put a 2 neck on that thing??? wtfe....
so luke, do you happen to know the air draw on the SWC hob version with the otp pump? or if they are planning a hob w/sicce??

C&C Skimmer

CV stole the design from SWC except they put a sicce in the body. Only problem is the sicce pulls WAAAY to much air for a 2" neck. The dummies :lol: So if you buy it your going to get alot of overflows.

Per Jonas at Blue Sierra they will support the CNC Skimmer if you have one as all of the components are available, including pump mods. Also, he stated that the CNC name is gone (Chris & Carol), but they are designing can't remember exact name, but what I remember it was the Octopus Pro skimmer and others? There is a few companies with the Octopus name so not sure if Coral Vue is the one or not, but seems odd that CNC is gone and now Coral Vue has very similar to exact design. Bottom line we love our new HOB skimmer. There is a good thread if you Google search "A NEW nice looking HOT skimmer”.

CNC was making the octo pro's for CV. I'm sure CV is going to get the bodies and mold the volute for the laguna maxflo 1500 made in china now. Not that you can blame them since cnc is gone.

The otp is pulling 500lph, thats why its called the 500i.
duh, that would make sense..
im guessing it could be mesh modded for more power still, or is 500lph all the neck will take?
and do you happen to know if they use the new otp pumps with the larger outlets and new venturi's, or are they using the older style otp pumps/venturi?

Its using a modified venturi and i would leave it stock as mesh will be to much.

Mesh Mod?

the second is the Warner marine hob, which is in fact just an import of a chinese company named JNS,
it has been on the market a couple years but is just now making it to usa...

The dimensions
16.5 high
10 long
5 deep

with sedra 3500 needle wheel pumps (that can be mesh modded)
the h2 pulls 400 lph of air, same as the $500 deltec mce600, for only 299.99 at premium aquatics. there is also a smaller $220 version,made with a sedra 2500 and about 300 lph of air.

What does mesh mod mean?

Ok,

I get that it flows a lot of bubbles. I get that it is the best hob around. I get that it should kick the crap o la out of all the rest.

Heres what I dont get.

Put it in the tub ran it for two days YEEHAW Mr. Bubbles here I come. A little soap and this thing was off and running.

Rinsed it out put it on the tank and adjusted the cup to the top and let her rip. Looked good and it took off. Nice dry foam head. Fed the tank the next day and WHAM its like I turned the faucet on. Not that would be OK if it didnt run out the damn back of the thing. It also would be OK if when it ran down the front it would have a little ramp to flow back in the tank. It doesnt and there is a gap so it also flows down to the floor. Every time I feed it goes into its Dr. Jekyll imitation. Tonight I turned it off for a hour and then turned it back on and it still is overflowing!!!! I have a tray getting the drips coming off it going back into the sump.

Any help appreciated. My deltec would go into overload but it would not flow out into the floor. And I would pull one cup out of the deltec each 24hrs. I have not had the production out of this yet. Still to soon as its not broke in yet?????

Needs to get user friendly OR I gonna mod it.

Mike

OOps sorry bought that Luke,

I bought the cnc hob skimmer. This morning it has settled down and I am able to get cup in a productive level. But even 3hrs after feeding my tank last night it was still overflowing.....

Thanks Mike

How long have you had it set up on your tank and was the tank new setup or is it a mature tank? I have this skimmer and when we first had it man the thing was going nuts everytime we feed the tank or treated anything. Now it seems to be good I think regardless of mature tank or not this unit just needs a good break in time 2 weeks or more.

Yea I thought running it for a couple of days in the tub would help..... But this is its 5th day on the tank.. I like the skimmer but really dont want to worry about the overflowing its doing. Does yours still do it after you feed your tank????? Its got lots of power for sure.... Our tank is about 18mths old now. Its never had a good skimmer till a bought the deltec about 4wks ago. So I could still be skimming residual that the deltec was starting to skim out of the system???

Mike

Last edited:
Back