20 Gallon Mixed Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

As my tank approaches the one year mark in a couple of days, I thought I would update everyone on some of the goings on. I have removed all traces of the pulsing xenia from my display tank. It has been regulated to the sump. I just found it took up too much real estate and was growing so fast that I couldn't keep up with it. I put a new piece of Marco Rock in its place and have a couple of new SPS frags from Reliable Reef attached to it. I think it will look great once it colors up with some coraline algae.

IMG_9926.jpg

Stylophora pistillata
IMG_9923.jpg

Acropora prostrata
IMG_9921.jpg

Acropora tenuis
IMG_9918.jpg

Sweet tank!
I like ur stylos...my favs lately in sps are stylos and polliporas...ive got two pollis and one milli...im thinkin of trying a birdsnest next!

Again nice tank man!

The green and yellow birdsnest and the prostrata all had a massive RTN over the last couple of weeks. After I had added the last couple of corals, my alkalinity and calcium dropped way off and I had some trouble dialing it in again. I think this is probably what caused the RTN. I had to do a massive pruning of dead areas and they are just starting to look better again. Hopefully they will recover from this and start to grow again. None of the other corals seemed affected.

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

This is my favorite coral in the tank. I love the colour of it.

IMG_0029.jpg

Just picked up this Superman digi. It was a little browned out but is starting to colour up.

IMG_0027.jpg

Plumbed a new 20 gal tank into the system to be used as a frag tank. Drilled it and put it on top of the sump using my old T5 lights. Total system water volume is around 65 gallons now.

IMG_0295.jpg

Everything seems very stable in the tank again and corals are showing some good growth.

pH: 8.25-8.33
Cal: 460-490 ppm
Alk: 9 DKH
Phos: 0.04 ppm
Nitr: 0.00 ppm
Mag: 1300 ppm
Sal: 35 ppt

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

This is so beautiful tank. I have 72 gallon bowfront but it is too much work. I am looking to down grade to nano tank...look much nicer and less work. keep up the good work

Back