20 long AIO build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I know these pics are on the first post but it might help you get the whole pic of it with all the walls in place
100_1980.jpg

100_1981.jpg

100_1978.jpg

Are you going to use the adj gates? If you are I figured out a way to do away with one of the steps.

What are your dimensions of the aio part of the tank? Oh and the foot print of the skimmer? Oh I was thinking about post a thread about my build. I just am finishing up my project with Google sketchup

I am not sure yet how I want to set up my whole filter/ refugium area, I may since my tank is 48" long take a foot off and make a in tank sump almost lol not sure just yet

The skimmer chamber is 6'' long (ACROSS THE BACK) and 4'' deep front to back. The media chamber/cheatos is 7'' front to back and 3 1/2'' wide (across the back) the return chamber is 6 1/2'' (across the back) and the front is 4'' at the skimmer and 7'' at the media,
The skimmer chamber is alittle larger than the skimmer, I usedthe extra space to house the heater and install a bubble trap.
That type of skimmer will fit in a 3 1/2 x 5'' chamber.
I did a 20tall AIO with just the end for the filter area.

On my second build I made sure I had all my equipment on hand before I divided my sump area. That way I knew every thing would fit, and I could get the most space I could for the DT.
Is this the skimmer you are going to use?

I was thinking the NS 80 or the Aquatic Life Internal Mini Skimmer 115 Protein Skimmer

I am not sure so far... I am working with the design system right now I am hoping to have my plan done soon

I went with the NS80 because it has a overflow tube on the cup. It is such a small cup I didnt want to have to empty it that often. I dont think the 115 has one. If it does there are some good reviews on it on the NANO REEFS .COM site in the equipment forums.
Was thinking on how I would improve my set up in the sump area, came up with having a bigger cheatos chamber. If I had the room I would make it as large as the return chamber. On one tank I keep my cheatos in the return chamber, bad idea. I have to clean the pump filter once ever two weeks.
So I guess I would add a chamber for live rock/cheatos that is not effected by the tank lights. And the cheatos light would not effect the tank. So I has to be in the corner of your sump area. Does that make sense?
You should be able to light your cheatos on the oppisite cycle of your tank lights for PH stablity.

Thank you Steve & Tammie. I love woodworking as much as.....

Scottmdebord, I went with 130watt CF retro fit and added am R-2 Moon light the small one with I think 5 leds. It claims to light 3' of tank. to my surprise it does.
I will upgrade to T 5 s as soon as I get the wife hooked on hard corals. lol It wont be to long. I'm hoping by the time I have to replace the bulbs.

Wow Peppie,love the woodworking / combined with aquaria. My 2 favorite hobbies as well. Great to see small tanks also, I have been considering my first reef, and this post is quite inspiring. also in Bonney Lake

Back