2007-2008 Season Planning

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cwby416

Born again Reefer
Ok Everyone, its time to start thinking about the next season to come as well as finishing off this season with a bang!!!

JUNE - Anual Picnic fundraisor possibly at the salsa factory??

JULY- NO EVENTS

AUGUST - Possible frag swap/ social at Dangs new resturant

SEPTEMBER - **4th SAT the 22nd**James Fathere Sponsored by Indoor Reef @ Tacoma Community College PLUS Tank Raffle

OCTOBER - LEE BIRCH @ BCC sponsored by Barrier Reef

NOVEMBER - Rand Reed @ somewhere up north, sponsored by Reef Mistique

DECEMBER - Holiday Party-We need a member to host....Vicki, Eric.....

JANUARY - Chris Brightwell Sponsored by Ocean Reef Aquatics

FEBRUARY - Mitch Carl ( NEED SPONSOR )

MARCH - David Behrens

APRIL - OPEN

MAY - OPEN

JUNE - Anual Picnic Fundraisor

I WANT INPUT PEOPLE!!! :D

Last edited:
Next Month PFO lighting had agreed to do a presentation on lighting. This was discussed with Colleen.

Yes they want to sponsor Delbeek but we need a backup as Ed nor I could get Delbeek to respond oter than the initial committment Ed received from him. Ed said that is what he did to the Mid Columbia group was pop his head up at the last minute.

There is that new guy I forwarded to you Randy, he might be a good fill in May if we need him. He is free and local.

FYI: For future notice, I've always given the "free" speakers Visa gift cards or a check for $50 or $100 whatever.... just a token of our appreciation

Last month I gave Frank a few bottles of decent grade Washington wine. Colleen, that is really cool.

Well now that i think about it, it was our local member speakers i gave a visa card to.. like Ilham and Aaron. Not sure what I was thinking.

A number of people have mentioned Anthony Calfo but many people also bitch about repeats. The ones who mentioned him, are newer folks.

Let me know when you want me to fill in the blanks?

Randy Reed has been talking to Reef Mystick. Will wants to bring him into his store. Will contacted me about this. He wanted to do it right now though. Will said Sunlight supply offered to donate a chiller. You will have to contact Will for more information on this.

Dana Riddle would be pretty cool. I like Bob Goemans. I would love to see Bob Fenner, Calfo, Delbeek,

The talk I heard about guest speakers was that they like to see new things.

Euro Reef said they would like to sponsor us but would like a visit to Seattle Aquarium if possible. I am not aware if we are a non profit organization. If we are what statice of non profit?

Elos is talking to Barrier Reef. Elos and Euro Reef must be on the move if they are wanting to visit a new store. So I am thinking the same of Randy Reed at Reef Mystyk.

So I think if we want a cheap speaker, those are our choices.

I am asking you all to read magazines like Fama, Tropical Fish Hobbyist and talk together about topics that will draw in more members and benefit club.

Colleen, and Randy when you guys want me to research more guest speakers say so. It would be a pleasure. I stopped because you guys asked me to.

Portland keeps asking to tag along on guest speakers. If they wanted to share someway, say we fly person out, and they come pick up person from Seattle area, then fly them home. It may save money for both of us.

I think James Fartheree should be like Barry N from Clams Direct but with a new eye more exciting. James has his own Section in Tropical Fish Hobbyist The Reefer. He is excited to make it. I am asking you all to think of things he could visit like The Seattle Aquarium if possible, if possible Dangs, Paul Hambys, etc. We want them to come back. I will do my traditional bring them a bottle of wine from Eastern Washington. I would like to get our names on a bottle sometime to build a relationship if not more memories, good memories.

Last edited:
I just remembered the other guy for a speaker I wanted to mention...

RF just added Lee as a mod of his own column and i read his bio and he does the speaker circuit. I think he'd pull in a crowd becauseeveryone at RF is so familiar with him.

What do you think?

donation thought for KEN

SO... since Ken is going to confirm with the sponsors they wish their status to remain the same....

Salt Water City never replied about a donation. Also since there is Wild Things and Denny's to contact, which I did not, how about Ken (the verbal one of the board), when he contacts SWC, WT and Dennys how bout you hit them up for donations to go with the tank in September?

Back