2007-2008 Season Planning

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well it looks like we need to get some speakers booked.... BR and OR don't seem to have speakers for us like we thought; I'l work iwth them some more.

Ed, are there others you contacted (I thought there was from the board meeting). Also what about Lee Birch?

Ok what workshops do we want to try to do this year? if we book two more speakers, we should have at least a couple workshops of some sort.....DIY reactors? DIY top offs?? DIY Skimmer mods? what other Ideas do you have? may be I'll put a poll on RF.....

DonW on Auto top off maybe, DIY skimmer mods maybe Mark, DIY reactors I am thinking Brian at IAP. He was going to do this for 20 dollars at one time.
We went with scratch removing.

Colleen, I never got a reply from Leah Birch.
Dave said he would be interested in giving a talk, he was on travel.

I'd vote for March so we can fill the earliest dates first; plus people will be more inclined to buy a membership if they are new that early but when it gets late in the season they squak.

Mario got a confirmation on Chris Brightwell. Chris Brightwell will be in Poulsbo on January of 2008. Chris has a new book out on chemistry of reef tanks. I would not be surprised if Chris donated some goodies also. Its free which is even better.
Anybody out there?........

Hey Ed on your Mario questions

Yes I talked to him and told him to confirm Chris for Jan, as wasn't that the month we were giving him.

I do NOT believe we need a sponsor for Lee Birch. No to Mario I think. The purpose of a sponsor is to offset costs, well there is NO cost except a room. I don't think we should have too many Tacoma and Silverdale meetings.

My feelings is Lee Birch should be a PSAS Bellevue meeting and leave it at that. But Randy is the boss.

We can't give Mario two meetings when some sponsors haven't had any yet. What's Blue Sierra getting?

Has anyone ever raffled a tank set up? I know where there is a custom 55 corner acrylic tank and acrylic stand and acrylic top with fish for $200.

Yes we gave Mario January originally, and I didn't get a chance to call him yesterday to let him know he cannot have October's meeting.

LEE is Free of airfare and lodging, but still will cost 200+ for the room, if we were to have a sponsor.....we could have them cover the cost of the room, and be 100% free......

Does anyone know if Barrier Reef has anything planned for their November meeting? if not, we could offer them Mitch Carl in February....

Has Blue Sierra asked to sponsor something this year?? He bailed on us after Delbeck bailed and said he would only consider sponsoring if we have a "BIG" name like Bornaman, Delbeck, etc......

I think we are good as far as speakers now....Great work Ed!! Now I'd like to see a workshop of some sort, a fragswap, and a tank tour. The three most requested kinds of meetings lately....

For a tank tour, what do you guys think about having one earlier during the day and then meeting up for a speaker after..... Thought this might be fun with the local speaker in March.....What do you think??

Back