• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 Anniversary Sale!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

barrierreefcf

Sponsor
Our second year in business is coming to an end. We are so excited with how well things are going. We really appreciate all the support our customers have given us. We wanted to have our Anniversary Sale in September but scheduling has been tough. Instead we are going to hold it Saturday November 15th and Sunday November 16th. We wanted to get these dates out early so you could mark your calendars. We will have our doorbuster specials, some sort of free raffle, lots great savings, and hopefully a couple special guests amongst other surprises. I will post more info later in October.

Thanks again for your continued support!

I'm sure everyone remembers last year's Elos raffle, which helped us raise $500 to donate to the PSAS, and was won by a lucky reefer out in New York. This year's big item sponsor is ATB USA. Victor has been kind enough to get us a great deal on one of our favorite skimmers. The $950 ATB Small Cone. This skimmer is rated for up to a 250 gallon aquarium. Tickets will be $10 each and we will only be selling 300. All profits will be donated to Seattle's Childrens Hospital. Please help us raise over $2000 to help the kids! Tickets can be purchased at the store or through our website. More details and tickets available at this link!

http://www.barrierreefaquariums.com/productCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=198&idproduct=636

Last edited:
I was wondering what had happened to the anniversary sale at the end of September:confused: I'll be looking forward to it! The sales at Barrier Reef are always fun. I think it is very generous that you hold the raffle and donate the money. The PSAS thanks you for last years donation and you picked another worthy recipient this year, Children's Hospital. I know you were disappointed not to meet your goal on the elos tank last year. I really hope there is a lot of the interest in the skimmer so you can get to your goal this year and give a great donation to Children's. The skimmers a bit small for my tank but I'll buy a ticket!

You guys are great with your amazing sales. I really love your store, prices are just sweet and the advice is always friendly. Almost everything in my tank came from Barrier and everyone is thriving.

We are glad you both enjoy the sales and our store. We wished the Elos Raffle would have raised more money but I guess it was still a success. We thought we'd try an item with $10 tickets instead of $20 this year and see how it goes. Hopefully the events keep getting better and better as we learn what works and what doesn't:)

Mark,
I know last year they sold the elos raffle tickets through their website. The guy that won it was in New York I believe. But I do not know their plans for this year.

I'll be there for sure, these anniversary sales are always worth it. I'm in for a few tickets as well.

Do you do paypal at all i would like to buy a ticket i live in england sounds like a good course and the skimmer looks good as well?

mark

You can purchase the tickets through the link that Cy posted.

I'm sorry. The raffle is open to US residents only. We wanted to keep shipping reasonable. Maybe I'll re-visit this with Tim. I'll post here if we change it.

I bet any international winner would be willing to pay the extra shipping?
Something to consider

OH yeah, I'm in on this cause too

I'm sure they would, but it adds complications on all kinds of different levels. The website, ATB distributor/retailer territories, and shipping, amongst others. We are going to attempt to keep this as simple as possible. The raffle will be limited to the United States. Sorry International friends:)

Purchased a couple raffle tickets from your website. Will those be mailed or how is that handled?

I usually process raffle tickets every couple days as a batch rather than each day. I will process those later today and you will receive an email from our website. If you do not see it by tuesday morning please let me know.

Thanks,
Cy

I usually process raffle tickets every couple days as a batch rather than each day. I will process those later today and you will receive an email from our website. If you do not see it by tuesday morning please let me know.

Thanks,
Cy

I received the notice from paypal, but nothing from you guys for the tickets I bought.

for anyone who has not recieved an auto-email from our website with raffle numbers, you can call the store and we can get you the numbers........it might take a bit to find the right tickets, but seein' as how just when one thing with the website gets fixed we find something else wrong it may be the best option......for now......

Yes. We just learned that our recent server change has screwed with the email system. We thought it was fixed but apparently not. I have been processing the orders which was supposed to send out an email in which I included raffle ticket numbers. As soon as the system is repaired I will resend them. All purchased tickets are safely locked away in the raffle ticket box and have handwritten names and contact info so there is no loss of information. Just the hassle of resending all the emails. Sorry for the delay everyone.

Back