• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2009 3rd Anniversary Sale!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote us east-siders get a +1 on our door prize tickets, since we travel so far and all ;) :lol: Wonder how many bodies we can fit in our trunk for extra tickets.

LOL...so that means the folks that come from Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and BC Canada get +2 right;)

We had some more generous donations for the raffle come through.

Seachem and Hydor commited prize packages that are to be determined. Marineland and UPI sent a bucket of Instant Ocean and a box of goodies. Hikari is sending two of their new, soon to be released, Arcadia metal halide bulbs, and a food for a year prize. Finally, a wonderful person from here on Reef Frontiers offered to donate a 3 polyp frag of Candy Apple Palythoa. You can see what this looks like at www.zoaid.com by looking for it by name.

Thank you so much to all of these generous companies and people. Companies like these work for, and deserve our continued support!

So let me get this straight 250 tickets times $10.00= $2,500.00 for partially donated merchandise. Sounds like a good sale!:confused:;):D
-Big Raffle-

The seperate raffle is set. The fine folks at Deep Sea Aquatics, along with us here at Barrier Reef, have teamed up to donate a Deep Sea Aquatics Neo Nano 30 Gallon Aquarium, Stand, and Sump for this years larger raffle. Retail value $799.99!! Tickets are $10 each and we will only sell 250.

neo-nano1.jpg

Visit www.deepseaaquatics.net for more info and video of Neo's Cascade Return.

This aquarium's footprint is 24"x24" and the stand is just slightly larger. Pump, Plumbing, Skimmer, and Lighting are not included. We will not be shipping this prize so please do not buy tickets unless you can claim the prize in Renton, WA.

Tickets can be purchased through our website: http://www.barrierreefaquariums.com/productCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=332&idproduct=9463

They will also be available during the sale!

You do not have to be present to win any of our raffle prizes.​

For both years prior I dont think more than 50 tickets have been sold each time for the big ticket items. (elos system or the skimmer).

Tom

Really and how do you know this? I bought 12 just for the ATB myself and didn't win but I did win the WM skimmer.

What makes you so positive? You have inside info?

First off sarang, the first post that I made mentioning this clearly stated that I THOUGHT making the statment vague at best. I have only stated what I recall. I have never stated that i'm positive on any of it. calm down.

Tom

First off sarang, the first post that I made mentioning this clearly stated that I THOUGHT making the statment vague at best. I have only stated what I recall. I have never stated that i'm positive on any of it. calm down.

Tom

I'm just asking guy LOL you got your panties all twisted now LMAO. I'm relaxed bro more so than you:lol::lol::lol::lol:

All due respect to the folks in this thread....Respect the intent of this thread (to announce a sale and all things related to it). Meaningless bantering like the last couple of posts have no place here. If you have a problem with the way a raffle is done or anything else why would you try to entice people into a debate that takes away the value of the original post? Use the PM feature to vent or start a new thread.

To BR...thanks for actually appreciating your customers like this and for putting the effort into a raffle. Anyone who has organized a raffle knows it's a lot of thankless work that really isn't fun for the organizer. Keep up the great customer service and appreciation. We love ya!

Thanks Reed:) I think Jason's original question/post may be more sarcastic or good natured than it reads but I'll explain anyway. Yes, the raffle is hugely time consuming. It probably burns 100 man hours and uses up any favors we have earned with our vendors. If you look back at the previous two anniversary sales we set the max number of tickets a similar way. If we sell enough there is a profit to be made. By setting a number at least everyone knows their worst case odds. The past two years we sold around 100 tickets per event and donated the profits (after cost of item) to the PSAS and Childrens. As I debated what to do about this years raffle I thought about how hard it's been to get anybody super excited about really helping us promote the raffle as a fundraiser ( I had contacted other organizations). I figure this year we'll just see what happens. We'll never sell 250...trust me:)

Last edited:
I dunno... Those Eastern Washingtonian hooligans seem pretty enthusiastic... And they travel in packs... Might have to have crowd control there to handle the ticket sales?

How many people are you actully expecting to show up. Will this be anything like Denny's sale where I had to wait an hour to get into the fish section? Will you sell stuff you run out of at the sale price when you get them back in stock?

Saturday morning is crazy. Its crowded and you should expect to wait roughly an hour. Around about 3pm on Saturday things get back to a more managable state. Sunday is steady but rarely would you have to wait. We sell rainchecks for most anything we run out of. The only thing we do not sell rainchecks for is the 30% off livestock. For example...if we sell out of purple tangs. We will not sell you a purple tang raincheck. Any of the doorbusters are fine as well as the dry goods merchandise. Make sense?

Thanks Reed:) I think Jason's original question/post may be more sarcastic or good natured than it reads but I'll explain anyway. Yes, the raffle is hugely time consuming. It probably burns 100 man hours and uses up any favors we have earned with our vendors. If you look back at the previous two anniversary sales we set the max number of tickets a similar way. If we sell enough there is a profit to be made. By setting a number at least everyone knows their worst case odds. The past two years we sold around 100 tickets per event and donated the profits (after cost of item) to the PSAS and Childrens. As I debated what to do about this years raffle I thought about how hard it's been to get anybody super excited about really helping us promote the raffle as a fundraiser ( I had contacted other organizations). I figure this year we'll just see what happens. We'll never sell 250...trust me:)

Cy,

I wasn't trying to upset anybody. You guys take great care of me and I don't want to discount my appreciation for eveything you have done for me over the last year.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back