20g CFI UBER nano II

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

here's my latest rockwerk, and my 2 led's ziptied together ghetto style until I build an aluminum fixture for them.
getting close to being able to put some corals in...just need some elos aminos and prodibio bacteria first...
and my SWC 120 cone skimmer should be shipping out in a day or 2
tank077.jpg

so is this pic with both the weipro and the ecoexotic both on. I like the price of the weipro fixture but want more of a 20k spectrum.

so is this pic with both the weipro and the ecoexotic both on. I like the price of the weipro fixture but want more of a 20k spectrum.

that pic is with both the weipro and ecoxotic.

also put the SWC 120 cone on the tank, man, the thing is silent...
and the foam is awesome. now it just needs to break in.
very sweet little skimmer.

I am totally ready to add corals and fish now, Yay!!

here's a pic of uber nano with the LED's and my new SWC 120 cone.

so here's a question, I use 32 watts on lighting, 7 watts on flow, 13 watts on skimming,
but 35 watts on my return pump. anybody know of a good pump model to replace the eheim 1250,
but still be quiet, and consume less watts??
i'm looking for something that gives me about 100-150gph @4'.
I'm almost thinking a maxijet 1200 will do it, but that's still 20w...
any suggestions?? it's more like 3.5' of head, actually.
tank.jpg

here's a pic of uber nano with the LED's and my new SWC 120 cone.

so here's a question, I use 32 watts on lighting, 7 watts on flow, 13 watts on skimming,
but 35 watts on my return pump. anybody know of a good pump model to replace the eheim 1250,
but still be quiet, and consume less watts??
i'm looking for something that gives me about 100-150gph @4'.
I'm almost thinking a maxijet 1200 will do it, but that's still 20w...
any suggestions?? it's more like 3.5' of head, actually.

Get rid of the sump and sump pump. Add a custom sump at the same water level as the tank. Drill holes from new sump to the main tank. Place the two k1's in the holes. The water would push from the sump into the tank. You would also have to plumb the overflow into the new sump as well.

This would also allow you to display your main focus of the system, the skimmer :)

allrighty, well, it's long over due for a update...
my tank has a buch of corals now, but for the life of me, i cant get my camera to "see" the flourecence of the corals under LED... :(
i do have an inexpensive $100 underwater digital cmaera, and it just doesnt show the insane LED color on the corals..
i've been looking for a white balance in the menu, but cant find it...POS>>

20gnano213.jpg

20gnano220.jpg

so far, for me, the corals are loving the led and im getting excellent color, polyp extention, and growth seems very much the same as under t5's...

im still using seachem's aqua vitro line for ca,mag, alk,
but i also have started using brightwell's amino acid, bacter7, koral color, replentish, phytochrom, and multi vitamin.

and the 120 cone skimmer has been insane!!! especially considering there isnt one single waste producing fish/shrimp/snail/crab in the system yet...
thinking of either a bunch of gobies, ie; evotia, yasha, red headed mex, green bar, etc.. or just get one evil little neon pseduochromis. i kinda do want shrimp though,,,so maybe not.

also about to incorporate a media reactor with some SWC NP biopellets, and uprade the LED soon as well. also still need a cheap controller, prolly the reefkeeper lite when i can afford

Last edited:
Back