210 In Wall

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just a little bit further along.
shed002.jpg

shed003.jpg

Lookin good! Whats your plans on the roof towards the glass doors? Going to put a gutter on that side? :lol:

The roof was going to be corugated fiberglass roofing but when I framed it I changed my mind. Ill use plywood sheathing and a 36" roll of asphalt roofing. The side toward the back door is under the upper deck. It will never see water so it doesnt need a gutter. The only reason it needs a roof is for climate control. :lol:

i like your grill by the way
Too bad I never use it.

Looks fantastic. Kelly was even peaking over my shoulder and says she's can't wait to come over and see it when it's all done. I'm impressed, Nice job!

Hi Duane,

Just read this thread for the first time. I'm impressed too. :)

So the plan is for the sump and other equipment to go in this room, and the new display tank will reside in your laundry room like the current one does?

Hi Duane,

Just read this thread for the first time. I'm impressed too. :)

So the plan is for the sump and other equipment to go in this room, and the new display tank will reside in your laundry room like the current one does?
Yep, I am trying to figure out if I can use my existing 30G fuge as a cryptic tank.
  • 210g display
  • 112g sump (running volume, 150G tank)
  • 65g fuge
  • 40g frag tank
  • 30g cryptic tank.

For a total of a 457 gallon system
Unfortunately, my work has slowed WAY down. Im sure this project will either slow down or stop. :(

Maybe.;)

Trido. good project going on here...

Between the stairs and the 2x'.. are you going to put roofing material as well? insulation?

Tnx... I am also thinking of a similar project.

Trido. good project going on here...

Between the stairs and the 2x'.. are you going to put roofing material as well? insulation?

Tnx... I am also thinking of a similar project.

Today, due to another slow day at work. I put 5/8" OSB sheathing, 30Lb. tar paper and roll on asphalt roofing down to finish the roof. It was a real PITA and my arms are scratched up to prove it. I used my leftover paper and roofing to tar paper the walls. It doesnt make for a very pretty picture So I wont post one. The next step is four pieces of T-1-11 siding and install the exterior door. And yes, this shed will be fully insulated.

Last edited:
Great work!

I'm considering a similar project, a much smaller scale. Unfortunately, I don't have the kind of space that you do. If I manage to get my project off the ground I would be interested in coming by to take a look at yours.

"OSB & tar paper - let's see it!!!!!"

Come on ben his build thread post is not even up to #100 Yet !!!

Alright, alright! Sheesh! Here is a pic of the shed with the tar paper.
shedsiding002.jpg

But you have to admit. It looks soooo much better with some siding and trim.
shedsiding003.jpg

i will admit it does look better...almost as good as that stand you built for me :) So the tank should be here Tuesday night you up for breaking your back some more?

Back