210 In Wall

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Amazing job. You do move fast. Did you do all that by yourself?

I had help moving the 150 in. I should have waited to get help moving in the 65 but didnt. The faux back wall adds another 50lbs to the tank and it nearly killed me. But, yes I did it alone. I havent been working much lately so I havent had my family interupting. Its easy to skip lunch when your working at home and my wife let me work until ten o clock on two occasions.

It's a good thing you helped me move my tank and stand...it got you in shape to move yours...haha Looking good Can't wait to see it in person.

Ok, first we need to have a talk about the cords.. :)

I know, I know. After I install the 210 and move three of the four 20amp circuits and the 10 GFCI's out there I promise Ill zip tie the slack and organize them so its presentable. :oops: Then Ill post a pic we can all be proud of. :)

looks good gosh I cannot wait to get back into a house! One question though your not worried about the unfinished wood on the shelves?

you sould let me have dibs on your reactor if you upgrade!!!

After I figure out a fair price for it I'll try to remember to send you a PM if you want.

MC Lighting said:
One question though your not worried about the unfinished wood on the shelves?
Not really. I dont spill much out of the tanks when I'm working and I know a good carpenter who can rebuild them if they ever do rot out. The shelves on the right dont get much access except to harvest cheato. The frag tank shelf on the left is made out of 11 ply birch plywood. I may varnish the end where Ill be doing my frag work and testing. I really doubt it will happen though.

Things are finally moving along again. I stripped the corals out of the tank this morning and went to B.R. this afternoon to order the new AGA 210.
Tomorrow I will remove the LR and scrub it down with a wire brush where there are some nuisance algeas.

The tank is due to arrive at BR on Thursday. I will pick it up on Friday morning and a few friends are coming over Saturday morning to help install it. Hopefully I will have all of the framing and sheetrock done before then.

Here is one last Pic of the 120 as it looked before the tear down.
lastshotsof120021.jpg

Cool, You'll make number four helper. It is going from the bedslider on my truck, through the french doors, then onto the stand which is only about 36 inches high. In short, about 15 feet with no lifting to get it up onto a stand. Piece of cake. Better that a cast iron tub I swear. :lol:

Hey Trido,

Are there any corals you would like to thin out before the new tank comes?

Im not sure if your kidding or serious. Im gaining twice the real estate so I will have more room. I dont think I'll be needing to thin anything. Ill be wishing my colonies are bigger and my frags are colonies.
Actually I was kind of bummed to break down the 120 because it has only recently started to look like an established tank again. IMO nothing beats the look of a reef that has had time to grow in and develop its own character.
It will be a long time before I can sit back and enjoy this new tank without feeling like it needs to be altered or tweeked in some way.
Oh well, thats the price I'll have to pay for a bigger tank. :D

Looking forward to picking up the 120 and helping bring in the 210. It should be fun. I'll eventually have to start a thread for my 120 build, and hope it comes out as nice as yours.

All I can say is your "tank room"/Shed is out of control (but I love it :) )! Wish I had the space...so would robyn.

Your setup is looking really good. I am contemplating a similar tank/shed add on and putting my 180 in wall. Is there any advice you have for those of us inspired by your project?

Your setup is looking really good. I am contemplating a similar tank/shed add on and putting my 180 in wall. Is there any advice you have for those of us inspired by your project?

Yes, make the shed as large a possible and hold the sheetrock off of the floor so the inevitable flood doesnt cause mold inside of the wall. Make sure you have a water source and a drain somewhere between the tank and remote room. I recommend ventilating the room with a quiet bath fan rated for about 110CFM controlled with a cooling stat. If your using a large CL pump, use as much spa flex as possible to reduce vibration. A built in tank is part of the house, if its vibrating, the house is vibrating from one end to the other. Front access to an "in wall" tank is very handy for mounting corals and aquascaping, its nice to see what your doing without asking your wife for help all of the time. I could go on for hours but will stop there. When you get started and have specific questions, feel free to ask. Im sure class clown has alot of great advice as well.

Thanks for advice, I am sure I will have a lot more questions when I make the plunge. I was just over at Bens admiring his setup again and it got me more motivated(now need to get the wife over there to convince her). Looking forward to watching your progress, thanks for the great pics and info so far.

Back