240gals ,,kaboom 3am

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tamarindthai

my 240 gals with 180lbs of sand and 190lbs lr ,,bottom gave it up ,,kaboom woke me right out of the bed 3am this morning,imagine where is 240 gals water went,,,not pretty picture at all,luckly i still have 120 gals of water already made upe to safe the LR,,no animal yet,,,have not sleep yet /clean it up,,,found a now tank will be up again ,,hopefully by this weekend,,,oh wow!! some time this hoby is very painful sometime and also enjoyable,,don't you think?:lol: :lol: :lol:

OUCH!!!

I don't envy you THAT clean up at all Dang! Sorry to hear about it. Hopefully everything will turn out okay for you.

sorry to hear about more troubles dang, you might want to make sure you didnt get a mantis shrimp in your new rock and double check your stand for level and some ridgis foamboard to help eliminate imperfections and hope your new tank lasts a lifetime.

thanks you guy for supporting,,i asked my neice,,are we gonna quit or just forget about it,,,she said ,,,no i don't give up,,just get the new tank,,,woow! that brought tear in my eye(ahhh from the sand and spilled salt water):) :)

hey Dang i had worse, a $10 wallmart fan under my 250 ,it caught fire,started the cabinet on fire that burned up the end plate and it went pop! then the fire burnt thru the plumbing hoses and put the fire out,my three parrots survived(dont know why) the wifes dry cleaning bill $10,000 , floor restoration $5000 general cleaning and STINK removal $1500 new tank and stand and gear $7000 great insurance policy priceless. hope your week looks up, cheers

Dang Dang!! :eek: Sorry to hear that man...This hobby will end up putting one of us in the hospital for stress!!! Hope you get everything sorted out man...

Dang when my phone was ringing this morning at 6:30 my wife looked at it and said What the hell does DANG WANT! lol I knew that it had to be bad news for you to be calling that early. I am still really sorry to hear of this and do let me know if you need anything else. I will be out of town for the next couple days tho if you can't get ahold of me.

Dang, I am so sorry to hear about this, first and most important question, was if your sps tank or your softy tank???

Matt

thanks ,Tom and all you guys for cheer me up and supporting,i'm still think it was a bad dream,,,but it's real kaboom!!!
any way we got it pretty much cleaned up(thanks Mark for help taking the broken tank down)sump will be back in place tomorrow,,ready for new tank will be delivery on Thursday(thanks Fragman for help to get the new tank)Perfecto 220 gals glass with 2 corners over flow,,,same size 72x24x30..

OMG:eek: well that really really sucks bad. I cannot even think how much of a mess you had. sorry to hear about this dang. My lesson is learned im getting flood insurance tomorrrow. I had a 10 gallon poop on me I thought that was bad. 200+ gallons OMG I feel for ya dang. keep your head up It will all work out better than before!!!

Back