240gals ,,kaboom 3am

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Holy smokes! Carry on man! Let us know if there is anything we can help with...

Sorry to hear it Dang, if there's anything I can do, I'd be happy to swing by after work tomorrow or Friday?
I've been trying to get work to order from you guys as much as possible, hopefully it will make the cost a little less painful for another new tank!

i had a similar incident happen with a 140G freshwater tank a number of years ago. Luckily for me, it was on a hardwood floor :) Good luck getting the tank back together!

Happy you are still here, wishing you no more problems.

tamarindthai said:
thanks ,Tom and all you guys for cheer me up and supporting,i'm still think it was a bad dream,,,but it's real kaboom!!!
any way we got it pretty much cleaned up(thanks Mark for help taking the broken tank down)sump will be back in place tomorrow,,ready for new tank will be delivery on Thursday(thanks Fragman for help to get the new tank)Perfecto 220 gals glass with 2 corners over flow,,,same size 72x24x30..
Dang,
I was pretty much speechless also. I am glad you are sticking in there.
Hats off to Fragman and Skimmerwhisper for supporting another friend in need. I hope your up and running soon. Please continue to communicate.
Your Friend,
Ed:)

Dog Dang that it is bad ;) I take it the tank is FUBAR. That happen to a friend once. He fell asleep on the couch, woke up kinda dazed and wonderd why the plants looked so limp. Rolled his leg off the couch and put his foot on the floor and wondered why it felt so wet and cool :lol:

Was this a DIY tank ? I once woke up to a load bang from a DIY tank ( 35 gal) breaking in my basement. I found about 200 Walley fry swimming arround in 1/4 inch of water on the floor :(

yes,,with all supported from you guy,,,really appreciated ,,,i do have the new tank 220 gal set for leak test ,,,no leaked,,,,,gonna aqua scape water and sanded to night,,i will post some picture.:)

well i'm glad to hear you have your new 220 :) .
It was horrible what happened and i cross my fingers it won't happen again.

I tell you dood you got some luck.... first the ballast you never got from a guy and now this :doubt: ..... i do hope that everything goes fine with this tank.

:) up to date,,this is my new 220 pefecto up and running for 1 week with 4 -400w 10k,with 4 tunzes/controller really move the water,pre set with aquascape,,gonna move more rock from the main tank next week make the final lay out,,hopfully will try out with some frag from the restaurant by next week:)

Last edited:
I missed all of this Dang, sorry to hear about your troubles but glad you've seem to bounce back!

i got the tank cycling for almost 4 weeks now new rock and some old rock seeded sandbed from the old tank,,try out with blue accro branch,,start to looking good,, i just have 1/2hp pacific coast chiller hookup just in time for hot weather also the ca reactor next two more weeks when system start to stablelized,,,i gonna start load it up very slowly,,i will post some pics soon:)

Sorry about your bad luck Dang.
Glad to see you got right back on the horse.
My mom was care taking our house one time and felt the need to leave the sprinkler on our rasberry patch all night.
When we got home 3 days later I went down stairs and found an inch of water in a 1000sf basement.
Should have just started a shark tank!
Thank god for the contractor grade shop vac.

Back