29 gal nano to hold me over!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lvsuckerfish

g funk
well my wife was out and about one day and came across this 29 gal tank stand and canopy good price she bought it for me as she knows I want 2 pairs of clowns but not all in the same tank. so she knew it was scratched real bad and figured I would polish it out. so I did! I have alot of bulk heads laying around alot of spare equipment. So I just bought 400w ballast and also 3 reflectors for my 240. and I will have t5s on my 100 so I figured one 250 over this little guy. tank is polished holes drilled for returns and over flows I will use a enhiem 1252 or 63 I forgot which one I have. the bigger of them. a extra squid for the return. I wanted to add a Ikawi for a closed loop since I have a spare but decided agaist that plan. so what I know I have for sure as of today is....

1 lumatek ballast
1 spider reflector
1 raduim single end bulb
1 ho t5 with end caps and bulbs 1 10k and 1 super antic
1 return pump which will feed my brs reactor and also my ca reactor and zeo stone reactor
this system will not be ran with a skimmer I am going to try the turf scrubber and see how it works. I have 30 + lbs of live rock no sand in this one as sooner or later it will be attached to the other systems when they are up and running. I will hook up my rkl to this system to monitor all systems.. this tank will be a grow out / clown one of the 3 pairs only tank. but for now it will hold me over. power heads I will either stick with the k3 or get another tunze to add to the 7095 controller. below are some pictures of the tank it is still dirty from the polishing compound all over the place. but it is a rough plumbing fit for now then I will clean the tank and glue all the plumbing on tight. I will use a blue round tube for a sump on this tank and will be my skimmer section once I set up my other tank this tank for now will house sps lps softies all frags I aquire will start in this tank before moving to my main display. (of course after QT)...........

DSC02222.jpg

DSC02221.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02223.jpg

Nice start. I’m excited to see it setup. I also recently got a steal of a deal on a used 29 gallon, but I’m still in the planning stage. So many choices. :)

yeah it will be intresting to spend about the same amount of money as my big tank. for far I spent 2g's in other componets, I wanted for my 240 only think holding that up, is re wiring the man cave and also the stand. I am waiting for a couple prices to come back before that decision is made... I think this will be a fun little tank something to mess with while my others cycle. I m going to build a light stand this coming weekend for both tanks. this small one and the 240 as these will be the only systems with MH on them. I will have more photos once I get more work done.

so last night I filled her up with reg water to flush out all the compound and small acrylic from drilling tested all the plumbing glue. every thing is good so far ran all night. I will have photos up today. then I have to get some windmill water unitl I order a new rodi unit as I tossed mine new one in vegas when I moved up here. no room in the POD.

ok full of water and running like a champ I have it running loud at the moment to make sure I do water changes and top offs and I love the sound of water falls in my man cave.

new photo up and running. been adding Marobat7 to speed the cycle up. was planning on going skimmer less but no room to add a algea scrubber in the little sump. so I am on the hunt for a small skimmer now.

photos3798.jpg

as time goes I change things around for what I have on hand lol I find so much junk when I empty boxes out of my garage I have to have this room clean this weekend or the wife will freak again.

yeah I am taking it slow my ole lady spent all my money on new furniture i told her we could sit on the floor lol needless to say i lost that battle also. I never win with her. but don't worry I didn't forget about you up there. I will be in soon. I have a friend ordering me live rock and will have it shipped to my door. I couldn't pass up on that deal. but I will get my fish well most of my fish in WA.

oh that light is on just because of cycleing thats actually my sump light for my cheato to grow I didn't want to waste good 250 mh light for the cycle time. I will start testing next week it has been running like this a couple weeks now i think I lost track of time. but I will have all my corals shipped up from vegas so I can get my colonies back again. I want my photosy. sponge back that was my favorite I will pass it out to a few when I get it to grow out some...... maybe toss it up for a totm or photo of the month on PSAS site. i am going to redo my sump tonight with a wet dry and will make a few changes to it. and photo of the rest of the equipment I will (should) have it all installed tonight......

then finish up with the rest of the stuff I am going to get rid of sell it off....

thank you i added a few zoas in there today I am going to monitor them this will be a systems all to it's self once the other tanks are running and will most likely go in the garage for qt'ing fish and corals. placing my order of live rock in the next couple days I need to make sure I will be able to pick it all up from the air port probly 2 trips 8x50lb boxs will be fun to load in my car lol. still no fish thats will be next week I will head to redsea and see what they have up there. I know I am looking for a one small tang and also a couple clowns.

I just placed my order of corals from a buddy of mine in vegas I will have them shipped when I am on vacation next week I will take photos of the new additions. Live rock order being placed tomorrow 400 lbs not for the small tank but for my other tank going to switch the sump around. and start a big tank build here soon. once that one is up and running this one will be a full time qt tank seprate from my main system. all new live stock will go in this tank (29) with flat wormexit and also interceptor and will be qt'd for a min. of 3 weeks. I will change the lighting to a 250 next couple days and also. added a autotop off. and placing an order for a group buy for another brs reactor probly 2 more.

so I added my 250 m/h radium bulb no supplement lighting yet I will add 1 vho to the mix I think that should do it good. added some live stock a unicorn tang a naso tang and also a purple tang.... with a couple clowns and a 6 line wrasse. they will have a nice happy home for a year or so. AWWWW Just kidding about the tangs I do have a set of clown and a 6 line thats all. I just wish I had a web cam to get the expressions on your faces when you read that lol..... but anyway going to build an alum light rack for this tank also. I am better with metal then I am with wood. added some corals I will take photos when I get back from seattle tonight.

Back