30 gallon AIO (DIY)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Pics of the finished goods. Need some sand and water and it's smooth sailin. Pics are bogus but you get the idea.

imag0292w.jpg

imag0293k.jpg

imag0294h.jpg

imag0295g.jpg

imag0297s.jpg

imag0296v.jpg

imag0298k.jpg

Pics would be much better if there was a real wet look to it!!!!! LOL
Have you done your flow test yet?
When are you going to put some stuff in there? They are much more interesting to look at if there is something swimming in there.

Looking good. When is the wet date?

Pics would be much better if there was a real wet look to it!!!!! LOL
Have you done your flow test yet?
When are you going to put some stuff in there? They are much more interesting to look at if there is something swimming in there.

Looking good. When is the wet date?

Hopefully this weekend things will be getting wet. The original plan was to have it up and running two weeks ago, thanks to work and moving things got pushed aside. I'm going to do a final test run with the skimmer in place and then i'm going to give it the green light.

She's wet... Some pic's of right after the transfer...

imag0321g.jpg

imag0322s.jpg

imag0323.jpg

imag0320u.jpg

The next day.... I have worked on the scape a little, the left side i'm pretty happy with the right is still in the works. I've been using JB Water Weld to put the rocks together, was skeptical at first but this stuff is great.

imag0324rx.jpg

imag0325z.jpg

imag0326i.jpg

imag0327j.jpg

Very nice!!! Looks good!! :peace:

Thanks...

I'm having some issues with micro bubbles in the display, not sure where they are coming from though. Nothing from the skimmer and the chambers don't look like they are producing bubbles. Could this be a break in thing? Like what a new skimmer sometimes does.

Thanks...

I'm having some issues with micro bubbles in the display, not sure where they are coming from though. Nothing from the skimmer and the chambers don't look like they are producing bubbles. Could this be a break in thing? Like what a new skimmer sometimes does.

Sounds like a new system bubble thing. just let it run for a few weeks and see if you can find where the air pocket is happening. Then you should be able to correct it. Looks good. How do you like your flow thru your filter chambers?
A coat of heat res. black paint on your fuge light reflec. would help it appear to disappear. LOL

Sounds like a new system bubble thing. just let it run for a few weeks and see if you can find where the air pocket is happening. Then you should be able to correct it. Looks good. How do you like your flow thru your filter chambers?
A coat of heat res. black paint on your fuge light reflec. would help it appear to disappear. LOL

The fuge light is temporary until I can find something to attach to the back of the tank. It does look pretty tacky right now, haha. I still have some organization and final setup to do. So far i'm licking the flow in the chambers, everything seems to be working good together.

My water looks cloudy. Any suggestions as to what could be the cause of this. I did a two gal water change yesterday and will do another tonight, doesn't seem to be helping though.

Did it cloud up after the water change or was it cloudy before? Could possibly be a small bacterial bloom if it clouded up on it's own, but let us know. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, this looks AMAZING!@ it sparks a whole new thought.... you rock for this 10G.. wheels are moving in my head right now....

Did it cloud up after the water change or was it cloudy before? Could possibly be a small bacterial bloom if it clouded up on it's own, but let us know. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was cloudy before the water change, it looks milky to me. Just asked my roommate if it looks cloudy and he said it looks normal. I'm leaning towards the sand being new and this is throwing the lighting off and giving everything a whitish hue. We'll see as the tank matures if this is the cause. I still did a water change tonight, just in case.

The scape is done, it was a battle to get everything how I wanted it. A whole lot of F bombs as I knocked things over multiple times. Here it is...

imag0337a.jpg

imag0338bu.jpg

imag0341h.jpg

imag0340w.jpg

imag0339r.jpg

Rock scaping looks good. How did you attatch the rocks or are they just sitting on top of each other? It will look sweet once all those frags grow in.

Rock scaping looks good. How did you attatch the rocks or are they just sitting on top of each other? It will look sweet once all those frags grow in.
Thanks...I used JB Water Weld, it's a two part putty. It was kind of a PITA, I had to piece them together one at a time and let the stuff cure before I could do the next. Well worth the time though.

SO I'm having some issues with my sps, color loss, polyp extension and RTN. I hope things pull around, I'm thinking I will have a loss or two.

imag0345p.jpg

imag0344q.jpg

imag0343uu.jpg

imag0342b.jpg

i'm running things over right now, has any body had any negative effects from switching salts. I have recently switched to Brightwell NeoMarine from AquaVitro Salinity. I have noticed a bad sulfur smell when mixing the salt, is this normal? Anybody have any experience with this salt?

No experience with that brand of salt.

I have switched in the past. Started with one brand and switched to another. used it for about 6-8 mos then switched back to the original salt I started with. No ill effects.

Back