30 gallon AIO (DIY)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

good to know. I've come to the conclusion that changing salt shouldn't have that much of an effect, I was over thinking the scenario. I'm thinking that changing salts will only vary my params and what I will need to dose/how much I will need to.

picked up some frags today at BR

imag0353o.jpg

imag0352oi.jpg

Just took some shots of the tank at one month, I will try to get them up this evening. I'm having trouble figuring out the colors on my camera though. It's nothing special, just your ordinary point and shot. Before the LED switch I could get some semi decent pictures. I've been having to use my camera on the phone, seems to do a better job but everything is really blue.

things are looking good - did you get to the bottom of your parameter problem as well? Still using the Aqua Vitro??
thanks. Not really sure on the params, they all seem to be in check but some corals are still acting up. On two the polyps are not extending and have color loss still, a little confusing being the rest are pulling back and begging to regrow. Time will tell.

I'm also thinking flow might be an issue, so i'm contemplating getting another powerhead to check this theory. I currently have 65x.

I'm no longer using the Aqua Vitro Salt. I still dose the calcification and have recently started using Fuel. I won the Aqua Vitro supplement pack from BR during the sale. I'm still debating the rest of the line. I'm not to big a big fan of dosing

I'm no longer using the Aqua Vitro Salt. I still dose the calcification and have recently started using Fuel. I won the Aqua Vitro supplement pack from BR during the sale. I'm still debating the rest of the line. I'm not to big a big fan of dosing

lol - me neither ;) I used AV for a while too, but really didnt like all the dosing that the salt needed to be on par with others out of the box! What salt did you change over too then after the AV was all used up?

lol - me neither ;) I used AV for a while too, but really didnt like all the dosing that the salt needed to be on par with others out of the box! What salt did you change over too then after the AV was all used up?

I actually liked the Aqua Vitro salt, I just didn't realize my LFS sold it when I needed more. The only thing I didn't like is it left a layer of calcium build up in the mixing bucket. I ended up switching to the brightwell salt. I'm on the fence so far, I have yet to test what levels are after being mixed. It also produces a sulfur smell during mixing.

whats good 10G? hows the tank? anything new? tank get a xmas present?
The tank is pulling through, I'm having some rtn issues and a little of GH algae showing up. These are due to my negligence, I've been slacking on my up keep. Things have been pretty crazy with work and my tank has been suffering. I'm in the process of doing some large water changes to bring everything back to life.

No new equipment or live stock. I've put some funds to the side though! I'm thinking about either a MP10 or a SL2 wih the fixings, haven't come to a conclusion. I do need some more flow in the tank, I've noticed the bottom is looking a little stagnant.

FTS at 3 weeks 2 months.

The tank is turning around. Corals are starting to show more color and polyps are extending better than ever. I've added two more powerheads (1100gph), we're now working with 101x turnover.

imag0389k.jpg

I added a couple more rocks to the scape today, the two pillars are now connected. I'm trying to give the fish more things to swim through.

imag0401i.jpg

imag0400d.jpg

Here are few pics of the corals...

imag0397p.jpg

imag0398mv.jpg

imag0402l.jpg

imag0403r.jpg

imag0404v.jpg

imag0390y.jpg

imag0394b.jpg

imag0395y.jpg

imag0396b.jpg

Picked up a couple new frags yesterday from workaholic. Red ink selago, pink milli and tyree purple rim green center undata. Looking forward to the new coloring these will add to the setup. I'll add some pics soon.

I just measured my freshly mixed salt water, this was the out come was...

Po: 0
No: 0
Ph: 8.4
Ca: 380
Kh: 5

Everything looks good except the Kh. Is this normal? If not what could be the cause of this?

I've also noticed that my red ink selago is turning green. It has been on the bottom of my tank for the last couple weeks for acclimation purposes. Will this turn red when I put it up higher in the tank? And is this a normal color change for this particular coral? I've read that the base has some green coloring in it. In my case the whole coral seems to be turning green.

I tried to get a picture but my camera doesn't pull the colors.

Back