300 gallon TRUVU CUSTOM

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OK... It has been over 10 days since we have had an update!!!
What is going on down there??? Are you making ROdi?
I need my color fix!!

I am close... have been working alot and finishing lots of little pieces (detail):) I have been researching/reading sponge stuff for my cryptic areas. I have to build a skimmer bench next to sump paint it along with reactor bench and pump skids. Glue everything together(all finished dry fitting and painting) add water and main system running!!!!!!!!! FRESH WATER first for a while so i have time to fine tune for salt:) Once started i will finish foam wall, and air injection system then add RODI/ROCK/SALT. I am thinking mid November adding salt.

HAHAHAHA THATS FUNNY, He is just giving support:) hes ready to see water in my build.....saying no more color's.

Putting the finishing touches on my reactor bench, pump skids, and skimmer bench. O and just messN with the colors black and white:)
Sealer still wet:
IMG_0362.jpg

Pump skids for close loop pumps x2:
IMG_0363.jpg

Black and white pump shelf:)
IMG_0364.jpg

Count down to fresh water start up...........Next week mid........almost Peppie! The cut out's on the bench is so LEDs can shine up thru reactors...UuuuLLLLALAAaaaaaa

AMAZING! Cant say anything else! How long has this been a dream?

Spinner has been working very hard at this build since he was 10 yrs old. ( That is when he found the rattle can section at his local Ace Hardware) LOL

It will be really nice to see ALL of the 1000 different pieces come together as one working unit.
I assume your LEDs will be color matched to the appropriate colored reactor??? Right????
Did you use a brush or roller on the stands and shelfs??? Or was it a half case project??

BTW Your Pump Skid sure looks like a large

tray

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Last edited:
A large rolling tray and not for painting:) Brush on rub off........ yes leds will match is there any other way?lol

AMAZING! Cant say anything else! How long has this been a dream?
Thank you pandora32 very nice of you to say:) I will tell you this system is nothing like my first thoughts were 19 months ago. It has been a fun journey but i am ready to start it up although i will still be finishing items for a while. I am excited to see all the different parts come together and finally see a full color coded system running.

Well? any update?...Been for while we have heard from you... Nice build ! I learn from it a lot.

Thank you its all ready to fire up except waiting on my new Blow Hole pumps to finishing plumbing the close loop part. No more pics till running don't want to give the fun part's away:) Forget water i will fill with VODKA.....

Hello,
Just updating my thread some of these pics can be seen in our DIY section:
Setting up close loop layout: * Using four Blow Hole 2700 pumps for close loop part of build.
IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

Here is some outlet designs built after given the idea by a fellow reefer here:) You can see his video and how to under flow enductor's DIY sections. * A fun fact my barrel designs are from World War II machine gun barrels:)
I GIVE YOU........MO FLOWS:)
IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0419_zps7a332b39.jpg

IMG_0411_zps0b55d479.jpg

IMG_0421_zps83e8bd6a.jpg

IMG_0418_zpsd6d86e1f.jpg

IMG_0414_zpsae7dcb57.jpg

I have three different size BETA TANKS in Los Angeles that will be running these and my other designs for 30 days to see how they work and what different kinds of corals think about them? Many other test will be run as well and i will post finding's along with videos once finished.

Been awhile since i updated been busy with other stuff:) I finally recieved my 4 - 1 1/2" double union ball check valve's( took two months ) so i can finish my close loop part of the build.

Also finished my MO FLOW outlet design/build's this has been fun:)
IMG_0444_zps800f840b.jpg

IMG_0443_zps31b4cad8.jpg

IMG_0442_zps1fb40951.jpg

IMG_0437_zps116af83b.jpg

IMG_0438_zps16981b48.jpg

IMG_0439_zps2093ed9f.jpg

IMG_0436_zps966cb44e.jpg

IMG_0429_zpsbaa12303.jpg

IMG_0427_zps9fcf3154.jpg

IMG_0428_zpscd1c46cb.jpg

Back