312 Gallon Tank Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

+1 on the twilight dragon.. does it die off if you look at it funny.. or has it been pretty hardy? looks like one of those i'll only ever 'dream about'...

its actually been pretty hardy. Decent grower, but it doesnt take well to fragging unless the frags are over 1" in size then seems to do fine. Great to have a low light SPS

Beautiful tank. Very inspirational. Have you been happy with your LED lighting? I am switching to LEDs soon. Do you acclimate the SPS differently when they come from MH lighting?

I have a 60 gallon frag tank with a 4 bulb t-5 fixture all corals go into that for a month as quarantine. Then i place them into the main reef. I dont adjust my led brightness when putting in the new corals. I do start them out on the bottom of the tank for two weeks and then move them to their permanent location.

any fresh pics....or do you have coralline growing on 3 sides right now,lol. Everything doing well so far I assume! any addditions or mods to the build?

well i just got back from a ten day caribbean cruise. Lost a couple of acros (happens every time i leave) but the tank walls are still clean. Will get some pics up soon and also dive pics of St Thomas and Dominica
Also if you guys are interested ill be having a saltwater club meeting at my house on April 19 at 2pm!

Been watching this one for some time, finally have a moment to congratulate you on your build and posting it here at RF. Must say it is beautiful I bet you enjoy every moment with it.

Thank you all for the great compliments! The tank has settled in nicely and is busy turning into a reef. Not much new has happened just letting the corals grow!

Back