32 gallon custom rimless in progress.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I think that the rocks are too close to the sides. It will make cleaning difficult.

Otherwise - Great!

I agree, but your tank is coming along pretty nicely next thing you know you will be looking for more room for more corals or just a bigger tank :):)

Well, if he's not going to update...

I'll update this thread for him. :p

Picked up a couple frags this past weekend.
(Excuse poor picture quality, I need to purchase a better lens and tripod.)

Hawkins - I think he actually picked this up a little while ago from Barrier, but it is definitely a favorite. :)

2416993534_7a1c534412.jpg

Green something - He'll have to fill in the blank here as to what this is, but it's very pretty. Deep green with slightly yellow polyp extension. Thanks to Roscoe, I believe.

2416987586_57465bf74f.jpg

Phils Granulosa - The good weather got to me on Saturday and I couldn't resist picking this sucker up, while we were at Barrier. Dan was definitely extra nice to me that day. lol

2416999518_1fd1532ef4.jpg

Tank shot - 4/15/08

2417005756_9b8d07c161.jpg

From the daily babble I get from him :lol:, we're waiting on a pair or trio of Sun (set) or (burst) anthias. Probably be picking up a chiller within the next month or so, now that the days will be getting warmer. I guess that all falls into how our recreational money will be after we buy this R6 motorcycle (mine! mine! mine!).

I want to pick up the pearlberry eventually. Again, depends on where my money is after we buy this motorcycle. One thing I can say about the pearlberry is I didn't like it from the pictures, but when I saw it in person... it looks so clean and classy.

We're also looking into purchasing an aqua controller, but who knows when that will happen because it isn't high on the priority list.

Other than that, his tanks already getting a little crowded. Just focusing on getting everything running perfect and letting the frags grow. I know he was talking about a zeovite dosing regimen, but I think we decided against that after we realized that coloring would be more towards the pastel, and personally pastel coloring sps looks like stressed sps to me. We also seem to have grabbed a red bug problem, so I know he will be treating with interceptor soon.

Have a good one!

Looking good! So you are the other half of this equation huh lol. Yes Dan got that green frag from me I beleive it is some type of chesterfeild but not to sure, very brightly colored none the less. Yes Dan you are running out of room as you can see when you came over my tank is pretty packed! Dan you havn't treated your tank yet? I beleive i gave you enough to treat your tank if it isn't just let me know I have a little bit left.

Last edited:
Looking good! So you are the other half of this equation huh lol. Yes Dan got that green frag from me I beleive it is some type of chesterfeild but not to sure, very brightly colored none the less. Yes Dan you are running out of room as you can see when you came over my tank is pretty packed! Dan you havn't treated your tank yet? I beleive i gave you enough to treat your tank if it isn't just let me know I have a little bit left.

Yes, I am the much smaller portion of this equation... more like the benefiting tag-a-long. :D

I better explain why he hasn't treated his tank yet before he busts me out. I went all Dali Lama on his ass :lol: when I found out that three of his shrimp might die. I know realistically we won't be able to get the pistol shrimp out, but I want to at least get the duo of peppermint shrimp out. They did Dan a favor when they ate up all his aptasia's in the beginning, plus they add an extra dose of hilariousness in my life.

Just the other day, Dan was putting a ricordia into the tank when both shrimp snatched it from his fingers and ran off underneath a rock to clean it. The frustration that came after that was pretty amusing.

He's going to treat. We're just trying to figure our how to get those two guys out without tearing apart his rockscape. Any suggestions? :confused:

Chiller - I just remembered that the chiller he was talking about getting was the same for the ELOS over at Barrier. I guess it is a very reasonable price and not obnoxiously large. I'll have to get the name from Dan later.

I don't have any good suggestion on how to get your shrimp out other than either getting a trap or tearing the tank down. I had 3 pepermint shrimp when I did my treatment and only one survived. I wouldn't worry too much about the peppermints after all they are fairly cheap to replace but I truly understand why you don't want to kill them. I hate to see things die myself but if I have to make a choice I would say bye bye to the shrimps. :badgrin::badgrin:. Tell dan that I will try to get to fragging that Orange Sherbert enchino and the pink and green enchino sometime this week or weekend and I will have to let it heel up in my tank for a week or so before it will be ready.

Sarang

Yeah everyone that had gotten a frag of that loves it. For some reason it is not as bright flourescent green like in other people's tank. I think I need more actinics! How is the RB treatment going?

Tank is looking great, though I'm a bit biased on the cubes:rolleyes: All but one of my tanks have been a cube:D Keep up the good work! I have a frag of that from Sarang as well...great looking coral.

Looking great Dan! Colors are looking good to me;)

BTW, my wife just told me you called today so I'll give you a call tomorrow...

Last edited:
lol yeah...stayed up till almost 1.... no more redbug!!! that i can see atleast......and as of right now no casualties! :badgrin: one of the shrimp are holding on by a thin string but i think he will be ok. couple of the corals are allready showing better polyp extension :D

lol yeah...stayed up till almost 1.... no more redbug!!! that i can see atleast......and as of right now no casualties! :badgrin: one of the shrimp are holding on by a thin string but i think he will be ok. couple of the corals are allready showing better polyp extension :D

What Vet did you get your Interceptor from? I have to do a RB treatment also and i live in South Tacoma.

i need to find a vet actually but i just got a small amount from roscoe for 1 treatment....im going to be looking around real soon for a vet that will do it for me cause since ive done the treatment i dont want to put anymore frags in without treating every single one lol...

Back