35 gallon hex tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dudeman

Banned
so i was planning on setting up a bio cube or a 10g nano tank, but today i got a deal i couldnt pass up. i got a 35g hexagon tank with a stand and a rio 600 power head for 60$. im thinking about buying a red sea berlin skimmer for 25 bucks from a friend. is this skimmer anygood? will it be enough to accomadate my 35g tank? also im thinking about doing a 10g fuge. would this be worth my time and money? i have enough acrylic to build a sump aroun 10g and it should fit decent inside my stand. the tank stands 24 in tall, what would be the best lighting to go with if i wanted to have some sps and some zoos?

with a tank that deep (depending on how you want to aquascape it) I would get a MH. As for the Red Sea skimmer I don't like them, but that's just my opinion.

i think im going to stack my rock up really high, and use 3 t8 lights with 6k bulbs, and just have my corals up at the very top

i think im going to stack my rock up really high, and use 3 t8 lights with 6k bulbs, and just have my corals up at the very top

6k bulbs are not very pleasant to look at.IMO.
I'd check into getting something above the 10k range.

and T5 retro-fit kits aren't very expensive. You can get Hagen fixtures for pretty reasonable prices and they're a pretty good fixture. Also, wouldn't 6,000 K bulbs be yellow not purple?

I guess if I had read it a little better, I would have seen you weren't talking about mh 6k.

Here's a great deal on a PFO Pendant, bulb and ballast, 250 watt. It's such a great deal because PFO is possibly going out of business, due to a pending lawsuit about LED fixtures. Has to do with Patent rights. Regardless, PFO is a great product. If I was in the market for a 250 pendant, this is the one I'd get. It'd work great on your hex tank.
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...Product_Code=CI-00196&Category_Code=Clearance

thanks sid, that is a great deal, i found one yesterday that im saving up for, its 2 250 watt mh with ballast, bulbs, and reflectors, and 2 65 watt power compacts with everything, for 200 bucks, but if that falls through im probably going to order that pfo pendant

Back