375 Gallon Project Under Way

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The R/C Man

Hey Everyone!

I have been talking about this project for a while so I thought you should see how it is progressing. I hope you enjoy all the pics......

The first is the design for the system..... The second is the stand... It is constructed using 2x2 tubular steel...

Next was the assembly of the light shroud. I used 1" L aluminium for the rail. It will be attached to the inside of the hood with pins to allow it to be adjustable.....

The next pic is of the Barr Aquatic Kalk Reactor and Waste Collector...

Took some work but here is an unfinished pic of the sump. I have made a cover for the top left to reduce noise and salt creap. I have also added rails for probes and will be adding a rail for three Ebo Jager heaters... I will post a pic when it is completed...

Next step was to get the top finished and ready to glue up..... Lots of cutting and routing.... What a mess.....

I also needed to make a teplate for matching openings....

Very nice Greg:D ...musta taken you longer to do that drawing than it will to build the whole system;) :lol: :lol: ...keep the pics coming....

Really good work!

I have big respect for the guys that build their own tanks.

I love everything about the whole project!

Awsome! Awsome! Awsome!

PS, if you need any tig welding or custom brackets made for those aluminum rails to hold the lights, just let know, I will do it for just materials cost or a couple of frags of something.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone......

I must mention that Brent has played a big part in the tank assembly. So I must give him a big THANKS for making the project possible....

I was hoping to glue the top on this weekend but I am scheduled to work 12hr shifts and don't know if the oppotunity will present its self.... Maybe I can get it glued up one night this week....

Looks great! You will have to tell us if you thought it would be that much work? You will be able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor soon.

Jason
CFI
worldclassaquariums.com

The work really isn't that bad. The worst part is ensuring that the joints are square and smooth for proper adheasion....... The best part is the bragging rights... :D :D

Back