375 Gallon Project Under Way

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Krish!

Here is a pic of the top of the sump. The top was designed to keep noise down and salt creep in..... :D

Oh, it is also designed to cut down on algae growth by limiting the amount of light entering that side of the sump...

Last edited:
Made some more progress on the tank..... Will be routing the excess this weekend and then rounding everything over...

Hey Kevin!

96 x 30 x 30

Yes the openings are rounded over inside and out. :D

I am still debating on cutting openings for external overflows.
Other people have done it with success so that may be the way to go.
Internal boxes are unsitely and with the 5" border around the top they will
be very hard to access...

Hey, I have a question about your ball valve again. Am I missing something or do I only count 6 outputs for an 8-way valve?

It is hard to see but there are two returns on the top on each side....

Thanks! I have more pics and will post them tonight.....

The R/C Man said:
It is hard to see but there are two returns on the top on each side....

Thanks! I have more pics and will post them tonight.....

Right, I count two on the sides and four inputs in the middle. Doesn't that make six? I must be really dense. I see the other two bulkheads, but aren't those the input to the CL?

Hey Greg, what type of Weld-on are you using, also what type or name brand acrylic are you using?

Thanks in advance!

There are four in the back and two on the top left and two on the top right for a total of 8.... :D

weld-on 3 and 4...

Well I guess I have been slacking on this site. I am behind with a group of pics... I just have to check where I am at and I will post some in a minute...

Ok here we go..... While flush trimming the tank the baering fell off the bit... OUCH!! :eek: Well, after the shock wore off we repaired the boo boo....

After the flush trimming and rounding was done I made a template for the overflow slots. I decided on 1 1/4" tall and 10" long to allow 1500 gph per slot.... Here is a pic....

Yesterday I spent a few hours sanding and polishing the tanks edges. Boy is that a lot of work. And to think I do that on the side.... What am I thinking? Anyway, I need to drill some holes for the closed loop intake and to build the Dursos for the boxes. With the help of a friend I will tip the tank onto its front and attach the overflow boxes..... More to come. :D

Thanks!

There is still much work to be done. I need to start looking at cabinetry websites for ideas. Although not my wife’s favorite color I am planning to stain the wood in cherry. That color seems to show off the tank the best.

I am also looking for a soft hose for the overflow boxes down to the sump. This will put less stress on the boxes, reduce the need for fittings and allow for ease of installation.

I forgot to mention the two holes in each overflow box. The larger 1 1/2" is going to be the durso and the 1" is a back up.

Here is a pic on some of the details of the sump. (probe and heater mounts) I am also going to add a clamp made form acrylic to keep the cords neat. It will just be a piece of acrylic that is thumb screwed to the edge of the sump. Other things will be added as well such as float switch mounts for the auto top ect.....

Back