400 gallons of saltwater running through my house.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

When I got home from hunting this weekend, Shelby pointed out to me that my Pectina Coral was releasing eggs while I was gone. If I remember correctly, my sun coral was doing the same thing this time last year.

I will try to get a picture of the egg coming out, as I missed it last night. If you look at the picture you can see the small pimple looking hole on the right middle of the coral, this is where the eggs were being released.

PB290162 by devonmorton, on Flickr

12-12-2010 Update Videos

Here is an update video of the display tank and a video of the Peacock (Clown) Mantis Shrimp going in the fuge.

Actinic 12-12-2010 by devonmorton, on Flickr

Buds by devonmorton, on Flickr
Buds

Green Birdsnest by devonmorton, on Flickr

Scolly under actinics by devonmorton, on Flickr

Blue ridge coral, rainbow monti, acro, crocea by devonmorton, on Flickr

6 inch open brain from above by devonmorton, on Flickr

Front center of tank from above by devonmorton, on Flickr

Squamosa Clam from above by devonmorton, on Flickr

Back center of tank from above by devonmorton, on Flickr

Histrix and star polyp by devonmorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Spying on ya again Devon :)

So....

1) Your tang is WAY TO CALM - are you dosing too much vodka?? I think he's drunk...
2) Your pictures are way too crisp - again, what brand of vodka is it?? haha
3) AWESOME video, pics, and everything ;)

He likes Grey Goose & Kettle One. Thanks!

Here are a couple older clam pictures from when the clams were in the fuge (since moved into the display).

Gold and Purple Teardrop Maxima by devonmorton, on Flickr

Gold Teardrop Maxima by devonmorton, on Flickr
Still waiting for this guy to let go so I can move him to the display (See vertical clam drop below).

Refugium by devonmorton, on Flickr

Crocea by devonmorton, on Flickr

Maxima by devonmorton, on Flickr
This guy didn't make it unfortunately. He was attached to one of the teardrops when I purchased it.

Squamosa Clam by devonmorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Wow! Nice tank. I love the clams. That mantis shrimp is so cool! I would love to have one in its own tank. They remind me of some kind of alien. I really like that you built the tank yourself. I would love to do that if it was safe. You obviously knew what you were doing though. Your tank looks really pretty! =) Merry Christmas.

Back