426gal L shape build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ok time for another update, and yes the Bk is for the large system once its up, never saw the post till now. Glad to say house is pretty much 98% done to what we want for now. This of course is not counting the fish tank and all thats involved there. Our sod finally went into the front yard, that was a very happy day for me as now it finally looks like a home.
completefrontofhouse1.jpg

We also built the fence ourselves over 2 weekends, am semi happy with the results, but the backyards finally starting to be lush grass
backyardgrass.jpg

Also took the time to set up a 300 gallon rubbermaid in the back yard to cure about 700 lbs of tonga rock. Some of the pieces were so big they were shipped in their own box alone!
liverockbinday2.jpg

liverock.jpg

bigliverock.jpg

The outside set up is nice, i really wanted to get a feel for how tanks act in natural sunlight first hand. So far temps stay from about 76 to 84, certainly not acceptable for anything other than liverock. Ill play around with some different shade cloths, then see what diff covering the tank at night does to keep temps more consistent.

and while im on a role why not some pics from one of the 100 gal rubbermaids
100galrockbin2.jpg

100galrockbin1.jpg

Nukesfrags.jpg

Orangesholder.jpg

purpletorch.jpg

And my pride and joy, been in captivity for nearly 18 years, lots and lots of frags taken from her, and about 30" wide. Little hard to tell with it smashed into the corner like that
massivetoadstool.jpg

Back