55g in wall setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I see you added another powerhead. Did you end up going with another K2 or a larger version? How do you like it?

I am trying to decide if I want to watch for another K2 used or a K3/4.

I had the third K2 from my other tank and I decided to put it in. It's great as long as you keep LPS on the ends of the tank because the current throughout the center is pretty wicked. Since I'm going to be doing mostly SPS that'll work out great for me!

Cool, i'm thinking I will add another K2 and have it set up to blow across the top of my rock where I am planning to add SPS when I get to that point anyways.

That should work. I like putting it in the dead center in the back becasue the flow is so random with those. It also alows zero ditritus to settle on my sand bed.

I'll have to give it a try, actually may work nicely on the opposite side of the AquaClear500 I use of my fuge. Would help uniform that flow bouncing off the front glass I currently have on that side of the tank.

Well, after a long day yesterday of the Picassos fighting, they finally have cooled it! One is perfectly fine while the other got his mouth chewed up. I'm pretty sure that they have their dominance role down now. Talk about stress, holy cow! I told my self that I wasn't going to do an anemone for this tank, but I kinda feel bad for the clowns, so I'm going to get a nice small Rose for them.

I also got a One Spot Foxface today. He's just a little guy, so by the time he needs a larger home, the 125??? :) should be set up. He was doing great and actually I think having him in there calmed the Picassos down a little.

All the tank parameters are doing great. CA is at 390 so I might bump that up a bit but other than that, it's doing well. With that skimmer, that water is more purified than I can even describe! It was very nice not having to worry about a cycle at all!

Not for a while, but it's either going to be a 90 or 125. I'll get my light first and then go from there. I'm pretty happy with the 55 for now, just not the light :/

Actually took my time with some pictures of corals today. Just a couple for now. Still need a darn macro!

RBTA.jpg

Hammer-1.jpg

pora.jpg

FS.jpg

slim.jpg

That's as far as my lens will let me zoom in. It's just the stock 18mm - 55mm lens. Those are also manual focused because auto doesn't focus on the correct spot. So, yes I would love a macro lens :)

What kind of camera do you use? I think the pictures look great. Mine is just a Kodak Easy Share, so nothing super on my end. Where did you get the small BTA? I'd like one for the new tank when it's up. I have a feeling my clown might not host in it though. She hosts in a brain. =/

I have a Canon Digital Rebel xti SLR. I got the RTA from Barbie when I got the Picassos. They aren't hosting it yet, but they're still pretty small. Thanks for the compliments on the photos.

Oceanic makes it. It's a tank that has aluminum framing instead of the black or woodgrain frame. Pretty cool but they're like $200 more than other tanks!

Finally got my ATO hooked up. It's just a simple gravity fed one to a float in my sump. I have it set up to drip kalk in for my top off. It's the same type of setup that I used on my larger tank, but a lot smaller container.

Back