600 Gallon Update

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Holy Cow!!!! What is that last one Kevin, it is AWESOME!

Acropora tortuosa commonly called the Oregon Blue Tort. I traded with Steve Weast in Oregon 5 or 6 years ago. It's on the left in this picture of his tank taken back then. I think it was an 850.

Cheers,
Kevin

steveweasts850NICE.jpg

Great tank, thanks for showing us your pictures!

Say, is that a potter's wrasse? How long have you had your wrasse? That's an awesome fish. Just wanted to know as I have a juvenile Potter's, wanted to know/see the mature coloration

I really like seeing your behind the scenes set-up.

Take 'er 'ez
artguy1

Say, is that a potter's wrasse? How long have you had your wrasse? That's an awesome fish. Just wanted to know as I have a juvenile Potter's, wanted to know/see the mature coloration

Hello,
It's still a juvenile. I've had it only about 4 months. It has changed color slightly over that time. Originally it was light blue and yellow, now it's dark blue and orange.

Regards,
Kevin

Kevin, how is the pair of Pyramid butterflies doing? They look to be doing well. Do they always follow one another around?

They are doing quite well. I had three originally but one didn't make it :(
They are always together. The largest of the Orange Stripe Anthias gives them a hard time occasionally but they stand up for themselves pretty well. I think it's because they are both planktivores so the Anthias sees them as competition.

Cheers,
Kevin

Most fish leave them alone. I think it's because of their feeding habits. An aggressive tang would be my biggest concern. I don't get them in that often so I don't know what would happen if you add a second one to a tank with an established one.

HTH,
Kevin

Kevin, That tank looks great! Are the corals on the end just "plugging" into the sand? Love the open look. You'll have to post pics occasionally so we can see how it evolves.

Can you post your target parameters? Alk, CA, Mg, temp, etc.

Back