8 million gallon aquarium

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hehe i saw the aquarium in the morning news :D .
it's awesome dood i like their 2 whale sharks.
Now i just need to move to Atlanta go and see it everyday hehe :D

The Tropical Diver gallery offers visitors an up-close look at multi-colored fish among living reefs while Cold Water Creek shows off rare creatures from the arctic regions, including five beluga whales, sea dragons and otters.

When did Sea Dragons move to the Artic???

Nick

i saw the segment. i am planning to visit it. unfortunately the whale shark died. goodluck. jakleen

8 million gallons OF water, not a 8 mill tank...

damn thats a let down... but i do love the aquarums

Anyone know how big the Seattle Aquarium is just to use as a comparison? I remember the dome is like 400,000 gallons, but wondering if anyone knows the total amt for a comparison.

The GA aquarium has a LOT more variety of saltwater fish compared to the Seattle aquarium, but I have no idea what the comparison sq ft numbers are.

You're welcome. Everyday I see these pics I drool..Come to Carl, baby !!
< a caddyshack reference for those of you saying, who's Carl?) :) :)

I said, "hey, lama! how-about something, you know, for the effort."
and he says, "on your death bed you will receive total consciousness."
"so I got that going for me, which is good."

GA's main tank is 6M of the 8M gallons. That's the one with the whale shark, and so many other things. I got to go there last Christmas, when it was only weeks old, and they didn't allow the Behind the Scenes tours yet. Thanks, NC2WA, those are the best BtS shots I've seen yet! And yes, there were 2 whale sharks, but one very recently died. The other still remains.

I had a thread going at one of the other forums, if you all wanted to see a LOT of photos.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=739892

And here's a teaser, because this always floored me:
ga17_bigwindow3.jpg

Back